63

"That's cool, but can y'all leave us alone?" Kofi gave both Tez and Zion a cold look. They had been bothering him and Zaidee for at least the last fifteen minutes.

Zaidee had successfully ignored them and she just remained with her head on his chest, they were taking up the whole couch.

Zaidee was leaving in three days, and instead of packing all of her stuff up she opted on spending as much time under Kofi as she could. Even when she did try to get something done, Kofi would always steal her attention away from it since all he wanted to do was lay up under her.

"Okay I guess we done. Zaidee why you so quiet, y'all both sad as hell?" Zion asked, slightly looking over at her.

Zion still wanted to add Zaidee to his list of bodies, but since she was supposed to be leaving the state for a while as far as he knew, he wasn't stressing it.

Zaidee let out a long sigh. "Yes. I am." She answered him. After staring at him for a few seconds she closed her eyes.

"Well obviously y'all need—"

"—and want." Zion cut Tez off, adding on to what he was saying.

"Need and want, y'all alone time. So we gone head on out." Tez unconnected the controller he'd been using.

"Glad y'all understand." Kofi just nodded his head. "Lock up on y'all way out, see y'all later." He said before they even got up.

"Well damn. Aight." Zion dusted imaginary dust from his pants after standing up from his seat.

———————

"Kofi I'm gonna start packing, can you— umm, like umm—" Zaidee randomly lost her train of thought. Her brows bumped together in confusion.

"Why you gotta' start packing now?" Kofi glared at her with a frown on his face.

"I'm leaving in three days Kofi, I have to start sometime." Zaidee shrugged her shoulders and went to the closet, pulling out the largest suitcase she had.

She sat it on the bed and unzipped it. Her eyes drifted to Kofi who was also on the bed; he was already staring at her.

Suddenly her train of thought returned and her eyes widened a little. "Oh yeah! Can we go to Walmart? I wanna get a blanket and one of those pillows for your neck. For the plane ride." She didn't break eye contact with him as she spoke.

"You flying first class?" He asked her while sitting up a little.

Zaidee shook her head. "No, nothing fancy."

"Well we gotta' get you a new ticket. It's yo' first time on a plane and I already know you gon' be scared, so you need to be scared on first class." He grabbed his phone and began typing on it.

Zaidee just shook her head. She wasn't ready to ride a plane for the first time and she wished that someone could fly out with her.

Kofi glanced up at her and could tell that she was lost in her thoughts. He narrowed his eyes for a few seconds. "You scared to ride the plane or you scared to ride by yo' self?" He asked. He'd gotten to a point to where he was really good at reading her.

"Both." Zaidee immediately responded. "Oh my god Kofi what if I die on the plane?" She looked at him with her eyes huge and her mouth hanging open. Her fear of riding the plane was leading to her thinking about everything that could go wrong.