9

Wild Cousins

Omniscient

"Girl I'm telling you, your auntie gets on my damn nerves. She a fake ass bitch and she money hungry." Deja spoke harshly of Zaidee's aunt as the two sat at Sonic, eating ice cream.

Zaidee had called Deja earlier that morning and asked her if she could come pick her up and take her to buy some things that she needed and now they were making one last stop.

Zaidee shrugged her shoulders at what Deja had said about her aunt Jenna.

"I mean she has her days, but we all have our good days and our bad days." She said before scooping some of her Oreo blast onto her spoon and eating it.

"Yeah, but we all don't keep our nieces money that was sent to her through the government." Deja started up her car. "That's more than a bad day. Hell. Something is wrong." She just about broke her neck looking back to see if any cars were behind her.

Zaidee laughed at that and shook her head. "She's just going through some things. I barely even see Nia and Tia at home." She said honestly.

"Them hoes be staying over at Deon house with him and his cousin. Like they don't have a whole ass home." Deja ratted on them without a care in the world.

Zaidee was a bit surprised. "That is so stupid. They have their own beds at home. Over there they're probably sleeping on the couch."

"It's whatever. They just over there for the dick and everyone knows that. I'm sorry sis but your cousins are some little nasty hoes." Deja kept her eyes on the road.

"I don't even care. They're not my problem." Zaidee shrugged. She really didn't care because they weren't causing her any trouble.

"Then word around town is one of them pregnant." Deja spilled.

Zaidee gasped. "Oh my god are you for real?" She asked.

Deja nodded and pulled out her phone. She went to the picture one of the messy girls that they went to school with posted on Instagram. It was her and Tia in bathing suits, and Tia had on a black one piece.

She thought the one piece would hide her baby bump but it didn't.

"Oh. My. God. When auntie Jenna finds out she is gonna go off on her. She might get slapped harder than me." Zaidee couldn't believe her cousin was pregnant.

"How did she hide this from me? I was under the same roof as her." Zaidee trailed off with her thoughts. But then again she didn't spend much time near either one of the twins so it made sense.

"Girl it don't even matter. And how much you wanna bet that your auntie don't do nothing more than talk to that girl? You know Jenna ain't gonna cause no type of harm to her baby girls. Why you think they out doing them now?" Deja glanced over at Zaidee with a raised eyebrow.

Zaidee twisted her mouth to the side. "I don't bet anything, because you're right. That's exactly why they're out doing them." Zaidee agreed with her.

The rest of their ride consisted of singing songs that came on the radio, talking about their home lives, and discussing random things.

"Thanks Deja." Zaidee smiled as she grabbed her bags.

"Girl no problem. I'll talk to you later." Deja waved her off.

"Okay." Zaidee shut the car door. She made her way up the stairs to her aunts apartment and went in.

Walking in she saw Tia and Nia sitting on the couch. She immediately looked at Tia's stomach but she had on this huge sweater and her baby bump wasn't noticeable.

She continued to her room and once she got there she started putting her things up.

Tia and Nia walked into her room without her permission.

"So you and Kofi... what's going on?" Nia asked.

Zaidee frowned. That was none of their business.

"What's going on between me and Kofi is me and Kofi's business." Zaidee said while rearranging her perfumes on her dresser.

"You don't gotta be rude about it. Our friend was asking so she can know if she need to fall back or if she can go for it." Tia spoke up while slurping on a red blow pop, causing Zaidee to cringe.

Zaidee shrugged. "I don't care. Please leave my room now." She sprayed one of the perfumes onto her wrist and smelled it.

Nia sucked her teeth. "You wanna go to the courts with us?" She asked.

Zaidee immediately shook her head. "Nope. Kofi said I can not go to the courts." She said before moving on to her lotions.

"Kofi your daddy now?" Tia asked smartly. Zaidee looked at her oddly.

"No." She mumbled.

"Okay then." Nia said. "He can't stop you from enjoying your life."

Zaidee didn't care about what they were saying. She wasn't about to mess around and get her ass beat.

"Mhm. Can y'all get out now?" She ignored them.

"I guess. He treat you like some little bitch." Tia said before walking out.

Zaidee twisted her mouth to the side. "He doesn't treat me like that." She mumbled.

"Yes he does." Nia said before walking out also.

Zaidee waved them off.

********

"Zai you wanna come with us to the store?" Tia peeked her head into Zaidee's room.

"What store y'all going to?" She asked.

"Walmart." Tia said.

"Yeah I'll go." Zaidee nodded before getting up. She grabbed her phone and walked out of her room.

"Mama letting us take the car." Tia informed her before she asked.

"Okay." Zaidee nodded and followed them out the house.

Soon they were on the road and on the way to Walmart.

Zaidee let her phone occupy her attention. She was just looking at random pages on Instagram.

"Oh but Zaidee we gotta make one stop. When we get there can you get out and do us a favor?" Nia asked aloud.

"Yeah. It won't take long will it?" Zaidee asked.

"It shouldn't take too long." Tia shook her head.

"K." Zaidee responded.