7

Unbelievable

Omniscient

Zaidee had just finished making up her bed and she realized she had gone a week without her check, her phone was back on, her period was gonna start soon; to make a long story short, she needed her money.

She had forgotten all about talking to her aunt because her attention was being directed else where. But she wasn't gonna go much longer because she needed it.

Her phone was unexpectedly turned back on a while ago and she guessed her aunt paid her bill thinking she wouldn't need anymore of the money, but she was wrong.

Wiping her palms on her pants she took a deep breath before going into her aunts bedroom, where she was ironing her clothes for work.

"Hey auntie." She smiled slightly. She observed her closely.

Jenna still had Zaidee's money, she was waiting on some shoes that were coming out soon and she was gonna use the money to pay for them so she could wear them to a ball coming up at her workplace soon, and flex on everyone there.

"Hey..." she slightly glanced over at her but continued to iron her shirt.

"So I got a text that you received my check." Zaidee spoke softly with her hands behind her back. She didn't want to be disrespectful, but she couldn't believe that her aunt was just acting like she hadn't done her own niece wrong like that.

Jenna's eyes widened at that. She knew Zaidee must have contacted them anyways after she told her not too.

"I told you to leave those people alone..." she avoided talking about the fact the she did indeed receive Zaidee's check. She felt guilty but she didn't wanna give Zaidee the money.

Zaidee couldn't believe she was dodging the main point of the conversation. "I want my money auntie. I don't know why you felt the need to keep my whole check to yourself, but you know that I use that money to take care of myself. Like why would you take my money? What am I supposed to do next week when I start my period? I'm out of tampons. And my shoes are getting too old, I need new ones. I need to buy a new jacket because the one I have now came from last winter; I've grown since then. I need my money to take care of my self." She said with a little bit of sass in her tone. She wasn't saying it like that intentionally but she was upset with her aunt.

"Don't get an attitude with me. I'm the one keeping a roof over your head." Jenna said lowly, she still let ironing her clothes be her main focus.

"I'm not getting an attitude. I'm asking you to give back what belongs to me." Zaidee quickly defended.

Her aunt sighed heavily. "I need that money more than you. I'm sorry but I'm not giving it back." Her aunt shook her head.

Zaidee was shocked. How was she just gonna keep her money that the government sent her.

"Auntie What is wrong with you? Give me my money before I get the authorities involved in this. You already get half of my check so stop acting ridiculous before it lands you locked up somewhere." Zaidee shook her head at how her aunt was acting.

"I paid your phone bill! You can go the rest of the month without one check!" Her aunt yelled. Ironing was no longer her main focus. She wanted those shoes.