36

Zaidee stared down at her phone screen while she sat indian style on the soft carpet that covered Maya's floor. They had been working on their project for a little over half an hour now and they were both ready to take a break.

"Sooo, you want something to eat?" Maya asked after sitting in the awkward silence for about five minutes.

"You have any chips?" Zaidee asked while looking up and making eye contact with her.

"Yeah, we got a lot, what kind do you want?" Maya asked while standing up from the floor and dusting herself off.

"You got the yellow bag of Lay's?" Zaidee asked before looking down at her phone as it dinged.

"Yeah, I'll be right back." Maya nodded before leaving her room and shutting the door.

So far, Zaidee was okay with Maya. She was really quiet, but you could tell she was really smart. Her house was a nice three bedroom, one-story. She lived with her mother and father, and her younger brother.

In Zaidee's eyes, that was basically the perfect little family. Looking in from the outside at least. It really all depended on how they all acted towards each other when no one was around.

But just having both of your parents was good enough for Zaidee to call it perfect.

She looked down and read the message from her phone.

Kofi 😐🖕🏾
I can take you out somewhere tomorrow?

She scrunched her face up. She had unblocked his number earlier that day as a token of thanks, but that didn't mean they were back on good terms.

To: Kofi 😐🖕🏾
Of course not.

She didn't get a reply for a while and she was thankful. Maya came back in the room with two bags of chips and two water bottles. She gave Zaidee her chips and a water just in case she was thirsty.

"Thanks." Zaidee replied to her with a small smile.

Zaidee opened the water and immediately gulped some down, not realizing how thirsty she really was.

••••

"Thanks for the ride Deja." Zaidee smiled while getting out of Deja's car and shutting the passenger side door.

Deja waved her off as if to say 'no problem'.

Zaidee stared at the complex she lived in, receiving an iffy feeling. She snapped out of her daze after a few seconds and jogged up the set of concrete stairs, not happy to be home, but happy to get to her room and be alone.

She got another iffy feeling as her hand touched the doorknob. She wasn't sure if her aunt was home or not, to be honest, she wasn't sure if anybody was home.

She twisted the doorknob, finding it unlocked. Someone must of been home. She bit her lip as a small wave of nervousness washed over her.

She pushed the door open and stepped inside, releasing a sharp breath when she saw Tia sitting on the couch, watching BET while eating out of a pint of strawberry ice cream.

Tia glanced in her direction before quickly looking back at the tv.

Zaidee shrugged it off and made her way to the kitchen. She opened the cabinet that all the snacks could be found in and grabbed a pack of Gushers.

"Auntie here?" She asked out of curiosity.

Tia kept her gaze on the tv. "Yeah." She responded blankly.

Slightly rolling her eyes, Zaidee just prayed that she didn't have to deal with any drama with the woman today. It seemed like everyday she wanted to find a reason to argue.

She argued as if it was the only form of entertainment she enjoyed.

Not wanting to have a run in with her aunt, Zaidee headed down the hallway.

She stopped as her room door was closed but she could see the line of light underneath the door. Not only that, obviously someone was in there by the faint noise they were making.

She slowly opened her door and scrunched her face up at the sight of Mikey fucking Nia as if it was his first and last time, missionary style.

She dropped her now empty gusher packet on the floor and abruptly made her presence known.

Mikey jumped up while Nia only let her legs fall from the air, and pulled the sheets over her bare body.

"What the hell?" Mikey said, damn near out of breath. He was struggling to get his boxers and joggers back on.

Zaidee still had a "UMM WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!!!" look on her face while she glared in Mikey's direction.

"What the hell is exactly right!" Zaidee's voice got a tad louder as she still tried to process everything. It was obvious what was going on, but she just was trying to figure out how she wanted to address it.

"What the fuck are y'all doing in my bed?" She asked calmly.

Nia yawned before rolling her eyes. "You were gone and I didn't feel like washing my sheets today, so I just decided that we could do it in here." She shrugged with a blank expression.

Nia really didn't care. Her sheets were already dirty from the last guy she had in there. She hadn't washed them and she didn't wanna do Mikey on a dirty bed.

"Just because I'm gone doesn't mean you bring your funky booty ass and your nigga for the night in my room and fuck him in my bed. Then your nasty ass naked under my covers, not to even mention my damn room smell like dick and ass!" Zaidee yelled while glaring directly at Nia.

Mikey stood dumbfounded. He could've sworn they were in Nia's bedroom. At least that's what she told him.

"Mikey get the fuck out!" Zaidee glared at him and pointed to the door and he gladly ran out, making a total exit from the apartment.

"Nia get your stanky ass out my bed. Dumb hoe." Zaidee muttered as she snatched her covers off her bed, exposing Nia's naked body.

Nia lazily rolled her eyes before spreading her legs and beginning to play with herself.

Zaidee glanced at her and caught sight of what she was doing and gagged, dropping the cover and shaking her head.

"Bitch you smell like a fish market." She covered her nose before grabbing some perfume off her dresser, opening it and splashing it on her, cashing her to jump up.

"Bitch you got that in my eye!" Nia yelled.

"Well get your nasty ass out my room." Zaidee shrugged while grabbing her covers. She didn't even care that her cousin was naked, believe it or not, Nia walked around naked often. Mainly when her mother wasn't able to see her.

Nia stormed out and Zaidee let up her small window, attempting to let her room air out.