54

"Stop moving!" Zaidee said a little loud as she groaned and tried to keep herself comfortable.

"Okay, my bad damn." Kofi mumbled and stopped moving, allowing Zaidee to get comfortable again.

The two were cuddled up under his covers, Zaidee was laying on top of him with her eyes closed as she endured the worst period cramps she'd ever experienced.

It was going on a quarter past twelve that Saturday afternoon and they hadn't left bed because for the last hour her cramps were on and off.

Kofi wasn't gonna lay there with her too much longer- he wanted to, but he also wanted them to go to his mother's house today. His mother had been asking about her and she wanted to see her.

"Zai..." he called her name out as he stared directly up at the ceiling.

"Hmm?" She responded with a hum. She didn't really feel like talking or moving. She was always clingy and grouchy whenever she was on her period but her cramps never came in the morning so this was new to Kofi.

"You know we can't lay here all day right? We gotta go see my mama." He let out a sigh while his gaze was still placed on the plain white ceiling.

"Mhm." She mumbled, trying to just ignore him and relax. She was gonna lay there until she felt like getting up, even if that meant she was gonna be there all day.

Kofi knew she wasn't really listening to him and thought he was just talking. "I'm for real, we not finna be laying here while you keep on over exaggeratin' about these cramps."

Zaidee opened her eyes. "What? First of all I'm not exagge— owww!" She cut her sentence off with a groan as she felt the pain in her lower abdomen again.

Kofi rolled his eyes and patted her back, Zaidee thought he was just trying to comfort her and help her relax until he started talking. "Come on, get up." He said causing her to whine.

"Nooooo." She closed her eyes again.

"Yes. Get up, maybe if you walk around a lil' bit you'll feel better." He insisted. Zaidee thought about it and figured that maybe he was right. She slowly sat up and held her stomach while doing so.

Her hair was in a messy ponytail and she wasn't about to fix it right now. She watched Kofi stand up and head over to his dresser. He looked over at her and saw her still sitting there with an uncomfortable look on her face.

"Get up Zai, go walk around or some." He told her again. He went back over by the bed and grabbed his phone, unlocking it.

Zaidee lazily stood to her feet with her phone in hand. She had been warm and cozy under the covers and with Kofi's body heat surrounding her, but now that she was away from both the cover and Kofi her shorts and tank top weren't doing her much justice as the AC kept the whole apartment freezing cold in her opinion.

"Turn the heat on. It's too cold." She complained as she opened one of the drawers that had her things in it.

"Nigga." Kofi sighed and shook his head. He hated when she was on her period because she seemed like complaining was the main thing on her to-do list.

"What time are we going to see your mom?" She asked as she opened the Instagram app on her phone. She had some DM's that she hadn't even looked at. She hadn't posted anything on the app since the last summer.

"I told her we was comin' around one so yo' ass need to go ahead and get in the shower. You know if I get in before you, you gon' wanna cry." He said while grabbing some boxers from his drawer.

"Nigga what? I would not cry over the shower." She said more so to herself while scrolling down her feed, liking some pictures of people that she went to school with.