19

Girl...

Zaidee held a confused expression on her face. They had been eating for a little over half an hour now and Zaidee almost felt like Layla only came to eat with Kofi. Layla was sitting across from him and she was barely even acknowledging Zaidee's presence.

Her stomach was also hurting because she had ate a little too much for her stomach to hold.

"Yeah, so I heard that you like beat a guy up on your first day... is that true?" Layla cut a piece of her French toast and ate it while staring at Kofi.

Kofi nodded his head. "Yeah that's true."

"Wow... who was he?" She asked, intrigued.

Kofi shrugged his shoulders. "All I know is his last name was Cole."

Layla scrunched her face up. "Mikey Cole?" She asked.

Kofi didn't respond since he had just told her he only knew the guy's last name.

Zaidee furrowed her eyebrows. "Who is Mikey Cole?" She asked, wondering if he was the Mikey she knew.

"You know him. The Mikey that talks to you at your locker and stuff." Layla said nonchalantly.

Kofi side eyed Zaidee for a few seconds.

"Ohhh." She nodded. "Wait that's the guy you beat up?" She looked at Kofi.

"Hell I guess." He shrugged.

"That's weird..." she mumbled. She didn't really care. It was just news to her. Right now she just wanted to go lay down.

"So how long have you lived here?" Layla asked.

"All my life." Kofi spoke.

"Excuse me," the waitress approached their table with a smile. "I have your bills." She handed one bill to Layla and the other to Kofi.

"Thank you." Layla thanked the waitress and she nodded before walking off.

Kofi looked over at Zaidee before speaking. "You ready?"

Zaidee instantly nodded with a frown.

"Aww. Well this was fun. Kofi I hope we can do this again." Layla spoke and looked over and noticed Zaidee giving her a glare that made her feel very uncomfortable. "You too Zaidee. You know what I mean when I say Kofi... I mean the both of you." Layla put on a smile hoping she saved her self.

Zaidee only glared at her while nodding. She wasn't buying it. She didn't want to jump to conclusions, but it seemed like Layla didn't want to go eat with them, she wanted to eat with Kofi. She spent most of the time trying to get to know Kofi, as if they were on a real date. Zaidee just wasn't feeling it.

Layla sighed since she felt like Zaidee was no longer onto her. "Well I'm gonna go. Bye you guys." She got up, leaving before they could say bye back.

Zaidee sucked her teeth. "Move so we can leave." She pushed Kofi's shoulder slightly. She was low key irritated and it wasn't just because she was on her period.