42

"I know this is your house and all, but could you wait until we leave to smoke that?" Zaidee's face held a semi-disgusted look on it as she watched Kofi who was ready to light his blunt.

He held a blank look on his face as he stared at her. He blinked approximately three times before looking over at his friend, Chase.

"I got'chu baby." He nodded before picking up one of the controllers to his ps4 while Chase held the other one.

She looked towards the hallway, waiting for Deja to come back from the bathroom.

"What you say your name was again?" Chase asked while keeping his attention on the tv screen.

Zaidee rose her eyebrows a bit. "Zaidee." She responded.

"Zaidee..." he repeated to his self. "Aight."

A few minutes passed before Deja came strolling up the hallway, texting on her phone. Before she could fully enter the living room, there was a knock on the door.

Everybody looked to Kofi since it was his place and they weren't about to answer his door.

Kofi mugged them all before standing up and going to the door, opening it.

"Heyyyyy!" A feminine voice came from the other side.

Zaidee was curious as to who it was, but she wasn't about to put in the effort to find out. She watched as Deja came and took a seat beside her.

"We about to go?" Zaidee asked her.

Deja shook her head. "Nah, not yet. I'm not tryna go back home until my mama get off, that way Brandy won't leave that room she in. I don't know why, but I think she scared of my mama. She disrespect hers but she be hitting mine with that yes and no ma'am."

Zaidee bit her lip and just nodded. "So what you about to do over here?" She asked.

Deja shrugged. "Chill."

"I know, I meant to come by earlier, but my mama had to use my car since hers in the shop." The girl that was at the door came walking behind Kofi, allowing both Deja and Zaidee to get a look at her.

She was a pretty Hispanic girl. Makeup slayed and her hair was curled. She looked around their age, but they were positive she wasn't from their school.

"Who are these two?" The girl smiled while looking over at the two of them.

"Deja." Deja answered for herself.

"I'm Zaidee." Zaidee said after letting out a yawn.

"Alright, I'm Hayley. Are you two related to him or...?" She drew her eyebrows together with confusion and curiosity written on her face.

Zaidee rose her eyebrows for a second. "Not at all, I'm his ex-girlfriend."

The Hayley girl smiled and laughed a little. "You're one of those who can't help but crawl back, huh?" She folded her arms over her chest.

Zaidee scrunched her face up. "I broke up with him... but to be honest that's none of your business. Don't worry about me."

"Curious ass." Deja mugged her.

Hayley flipped her hair over her shoulder before grabbing her phone and standing up. "Kofi I'll be back when your 'company' is gone."

Without saying another word she quickly made her exit.

"iLL bE bACK wHeN yOuR cOMpaNy Is gOnE." Zaidee copied her in weird tone.

Deja busted out laughing while shaking her head. "You stupid. But for real though, Kofi who the hell was that? Her nosey ass."

Kofi shook his head, pausing him and Chase's game before standing up. "She ain't nobody important."

"What does that even mean?" Zaidee asked.

"It mean she not important." Kofi said with a nonchalant shrug.

Zaidee gave him a weird look before rolling her eyes. "You need to tell her to mind her business. I don't even know her and she's questioning me." She looked over at Deja. "Can we go now? I'm tired of being over here."

Kofi let out a laugh before shaking his head. "You tired of being over here, but you'd rather go home with yo' wild ass aunt and cousins." He shook his head.

Zaidee had forgot that he didn't know that she didn't live with them anymore. She hadn't planned on telling him but what he had just said definitely had her confused for a moment.

"Oh...yea..." She blinked a few times.

She looked down at her phone after it vibrated in her hand.

Deja💛

Girl you might as well tell this nigga cause you look stuck on stupid rn 🤦🏾‍♀️😂

She quickly looked at Deja with her eyes squinted.

It doesn't even matter

"You know you don't like being in the same house as them folks. Saying some yea." Kofi gave her a look of disbelief before heading into his kitchen.

"You don't know what I like." Zaidee said as he walked back in.

"Yes I do. We was together once." He said as if he was reminding her.

"I'm aware." Zaidee said.

"Aye man I'm finna roll out." Chase said, making his presence known. He had been so quiet that Zaidee had forgot he was there.

"Aight man." Kofi said before Chase made his exit.

"What school he go to?" Deja asked out of curiosity.

Kofi glanced over at her. "He go to ours, you just never seen me hanging out with him."

Deja nodded. "Alright. What school Hayley go to?"

Kofi smirked before shaking his head. "I don't even know, some private school."

"Deja your mama probably home by now, can we leave? I wanna take a nap." Zaidee spoke before laying her head on Deja's shoulder.

Deja looked at the time on her phone before nodding. "Yea she probably is. We gon head out, nice seeing ya buddy."

Zaidee stood up and walked towards the door.

"Damn I don't get no goodbye from you?" Kofi asked.

"Bye." Zaidee mumbled before opening the door and walking out.

"She do me all types of dirty." Kofi shook his head while biting his lip.

"It don't feel too great do it?" Deja asked before giving him a pat on the back and leaving.