Chapter 4 Beneath the Archives

Nobody's POV:

Beneath the Academy is its Archives, we all know the Archives. It's a big maze of books, papers, and scrolls, but it's all mostly just paper. The last time we were down here Mr. White, Flowey, and Florian were having...a bit of a problem. However that was not happening today, instead the roots of magic that protected the Academy uprooted and moved through the walls, they were huge things and their veins coursed with powerful magic. But they weren't Astral or Shadow, they were quite unknown and the Academy is where they thrived the most. But Pippet and Hob didn't know that.

Pippet had ventured down into the Archives once more and Hob was just making sure he didn't get lost, again. Pippet was looking for something, Luma was gives a small wooden talisman that was rapped around her neck and could somehow withstand the heat of fire magic. When Pippet asked her who gave it to her, out of curiosity, she said it was best not to talk about it. Well that left him even more curious. Out of all the Dragons Luma was the strongest and could even beat Eclipse in a match, however there's been rumored that before Luma came there was someone else who stood in her place. But no one knew who it was. Pippet was trying to see if there was anything in the archives about the Dragons but so far he was just finding a lot of spell books and missing homework.
Hob: Y'know this is going to take forever right?
Pippet: Maybe it's near by somewhere, I mean, things in the Archives get scattered around all the time.
Hob: Hm...so Pippet... the other day...
Pippet: It's about dad again?
Hob: Yeah...about that...so was talking to him and everything was going normal but then...he just suddenly stopped wanting to talk, I asked him if anything was wrong and he said no, but he didn't sound very convincing obviously. Do you think somethings been bothering him as of late?
Pippet: There is probably something bothering but...
Hob: But?
Pippet: He just-
Pippet was about to speak but he heard something that caught his attention, it also seemed to have caught Hob's attention as well.
Pippet: Did...you hear that?
Hob: What was it?
They listened closely and for a few minutes there was nothing, but then they hear it again. The sound was strange, it was unfamiliar and almost sounded like a slither, something moving on the walls. Pippet and Hob crept closer to the source of the sound but it seemed to be moving...they walked into the next room over and it was particularly quiet in there. This is the same room where Florian...corrupted. They thought that the slithering noise had gone away but then Pippet saw something in the corner of his eye, something glowing. He walked over being a bookshelf and then into a small room off the side of the wall. Hob followed and listened closely. When they both walked in Pippet and Hob saw big, massive pants growing on the wall, they looked like giant roots with an intense glow that seemed to be the color of the rainbow.

 When they both walked in Pippet and Hob saw big, massive pants growing on the wall, they looked like giant roots with an intense glow that seemed to be the color of the rainbow

Hob: I think we now know what was making that slithering sound.
Pippet: What are these things? They look...pretty...
Pippet seemed to be fixated on the glow of the roots and soon Hob was too. Pippet felt something nudge his back a little bit and he turned his head to see that one of the roots had poked him, and then another one did.
Pippet: Uhh...Hob?
But Hob didn't answer, she became so fixated on the light that it seemed to have made her go into a trance. The roots began to move like vines being casted from a spell and one of them grabbed a hold of Pippet's hand, and then the other. He tried to remove them but they didn't seem to want to come off, the light of the roots seemed to have grown increasingly brighter and it was shining in his eyes. This reminded him of the one time Alenia accidentally did an Astral spell and he couldn't see anything for a few days. But this is different. Hob finally woke up from the trance she was in and noticed that a root latched onto her tail, and then another one grabbed onto her foot.
Hob: Ah! What are these things?
Pippet: I don't know! I've never seen these things before-and they won't come off!
Hob: AH! Pippet!
A root that was attached to the wall unlatched itself and quickly rapped around Pippet's torso. He struggled to free himself but only more roots came and made escape nearly impossible.

The same thing was happening to Hob

Pippet: Gah! What do they want?! I can't-m-move!
Hob: What is that!?

They turned to see that they were being dragged towards the light of one of the big roots attached to the wall

They turned to see that they were being dragged towards the light of one of the big roots attached to the wall. The light was becoming so intense that Pippet and Hob had to squint. Hob tried to free herself by gnawing on one of the roots that had ahold of her, it almost worked but another vine shot up from the ground and grabbed her by the neck and pulled her towards the bright light. This light, it reminded Hob of the small amulet that Pilot used in Keystone, could these things have the same magical energy? And if so where were they being taken? Pippet struggle and squirmed and made an attempt to call for help, but a big root slapped onto his face and grabbed him, he couldn't see what happened from there.
Hob saw the light become so bright she couldn't see anything anymore and she dropped to the floor where she was dragged. She could hear Pippet's muffled screams for help but they were just too drowned out to be heard. And then a flash of lights came and she saw three different places. She saw Firefly Forest, except trees were burnt and wood seemed to be rotting, the place looked solemn. She saw the Titan grounds and a bunch of wizards gathering around, they all looked serious, and some looked scared. And then she saw the Academy, it looked different, it was smaller and it looked like it was in ruin, the wardens and other wizards where standing outside and looking up. And from the sky a familiar shadow faced down upon them, a face of black and eyes glowing with a dark energy, and then the eyes looked at Hob and that's when everything went black.

And then Luma, who had disobeyed Eclipse's orders, had saw everything.