Chapter 6 Unfamiliar

Hob's POV:
No seriously, where even are we??? One moment we were getting dragged to our deaths by roots, and the next moment we're in the middle of the forest! Well actually, no, that isn't too far off from an average day. But still, what was all of that? It scared the bejesus out of me.
Pippet: Hob what just happened!?
Hob: I-I don't know! I never saw those things before....wait...are we in firefly forest?
Pippet: It looks like it...
Hob: wait-*sniff* do you smell that? It smells like-*sniff* smoke-!
Pippet: Where?
Hob: Its coming from over there.
Me and Pippet hop over a bunch of shrubs bushes and twigs, the smell of smoke was getting more and more stronger as we approached, we also began to hear voices. We heard some people talking, others were yelling and that's when we started to hear the sound of burning.
Pippet: Is there a forest fire?
Hob: Maybe-wait, look-!
We both look up at the tree tops and a few yards away we saw huge dark clouds smoke and ash rising into the air, okay, it's definitely a fire. We both hurry over towards the source of it, I'm not sure how there could be a fire in firefly forest, weren't fire pets not allowed around these areas? But when we finally got into the clearing....we both saw that this was just a regular forest fire.

There was black, purple fire burning down trees and other woodland, this fire was not a natural accident

There was black, purple fire burning down trees and other woodland, this fire was not a natural accident. Someone, or something did this, and judging by the color of it it could only mean one thing.
Pippet: Did members of the Order do this!? Oh no! It's all burning! What do we do!?
Hob: Wait-! Look!
Over on the other side of the fire there was a large group of wizards and people trying to help put out the fire, they were carrying buckets of water, a bunch of Earth monsters where trying to smother the fire by throwing mud balls at it and kicking dirt on to it. A bunch of wizards had all their water pets out and downpour-ing on it.
Pippet: How did...if there was a fire like this in fire fly forest-wouldn't have we known about it sooner?
Hob: Somethings not...right here...
Pippet: You mean the fire?
Hob: No I mean-I know there's a fire Pippet I just...doesn't this place look off to you a little bit?
Most of the forest as far as the eye could see was...sadder? If you know what I mean? The entire place just felt...somber. It didn't feel like the usual colorful forest we were used too...
Pippet: Wait Hob look! It's Flora!
Hob: Really?
We both see Flora talking to some wizards, she looked distressed obviously, but something else was off. This Flora looked older and withered, her hair was a little less saturated and she was standing on the ground instead flying like she always would.
Pippet: She looks tired, shouldn't we go and help?
Hob: I'm not sure if thunder or shadow magic is gonna help the situation here Pippet.
Pippet: O-oh right.
The fire was almost done being put out, when the dark clouds of smoke finally turned white and vanished, all that was left of the crossroads was just black burnt trees and ash. The entire area looked pitch black. I turned around and saw one of the wizards staring at me. He was giving me a weird look, like I wasn't supposed to be here. It's not uncommon to see other Hobs living in firefly, so why was he looking at me like that? But then his gazed shifted to Pippet. His expression quickly turned from confused, to angry. That can't be good.
Pippet: Um...Hob why is that wizard staring at me like that?
Hob: I....
I heard him shout to some other wizards.
"Hey guys! I found Pippet!"
Other wizards came and got out their wands and pets. I heard some of the other wizards say-
"Is he the one who did all this?"
"Obviously, who else?"
"Well guys don't just stand there! Get him!"
Hob: Uhh-Pippet, I think we might wanna run.
Pippet: Why?
Hob: Just follow me!
I grabbed Pippet's hand and quickly ran back into the woods, I could hear the distant shouting of wizards quickly gaining on us. I'm starting to feel like what ever those roots did...it couldn't be good. This didn't feel like the firefly forest I grew up in, this didn't feel like the island I was familiar with, what happened? Did we time travel?? What is going on!?