IV

Fidgeting with the hem of your sweater, you deeply inhale, trying to calm your rapidly beating heart as you listen in on Shinichiro talking to his brother, Izana.

The two of you had just arrived at the orphanage, with him taking the time to talk to his brother alone for now so that he can introduce you to him while you wait outside of the room, biting on your lower lip.

You knew that this is a big step in your relationship, but other than that, you just want to be close with Izana, heart aching to be someone that he can see as someone to find comfort in.

As absurd as that sounds, seeing as this is your first time actually meeting him, it's just that after years of hearing stories about him and his sister, you just want to give them what you were able to give Manjiro.

So, with another deep breath, you put on a smile and open the door to Izana's room, hoping that you don't mess this up.

"Hello, I'm Y/N, Shinichiro's girlfriend." Ever so gently, you take a seat beside Shinichiro, arm brushing against his as you watch the way Izana eyes you. His pretty purple eyes watching your every move.

Your heart breaks just a little when the two of you make eye contact and he immediately looks away. Body turned away from you as he bows his head, mumbling a greeting as he does so.

Sensing the growing tension in the room, Shinichiro sneaks his hand in yours, giving you a comforting squeeze as he clears his throat. "Well, I was actually thinking that we can go out for today? Will you like that Izana? Get some fresh air and look around for a bit?"

You hold your breath, watching in anticipation as Izana shrugs his shoulders, a lopsided smile on his lips as he looks at Shinichiro. "I'm fine with anything."

"Clapping his hands, Shinichiro stands up, pulling you along with him. "Get dressed, we'll be waiting outside."

With one final look at Izana, you give him a smile before you're whisked out of the room, your boyfriend's hands immediately making its way to your waist as he looks down on you, his forehead pressed against yours. "That was a little awkward there, you okay?" He whispers, eyes looking straight into yours.

Comfort spreads in your whole body, a grin slowly making its way to your lips as you wrap your arms around his neck. "Shin, you can't expect him to like me the moment I step in the room. He's still adjusting." You remind him but your boyfriend only shakes his head.

"But I loved you the very first time I saw you. I knew it when we made eye contact and you fake gagged after I winked at you."

A chuckle leaves your lips at the memory, eyes closing when Shinichiro starts to sway the both of you in the middle of the hallway.

"When I saw you winked at me, I swore that I'd ignore you for the whole school year."

"And yet here we are, years into our relationship and you're crazy in love with me."

Lightly punching his chest, you shake your head. "I never said that I was crazy in love with you... I love you... a healthy amount, I think."

"Hmmm... if you say so."

The silence comforts you along with Shinichiro's humming, you can feel the vibration on his chest as you press your head against his chest.

"Y'know, people are gonna think that both of you are crazy if they see you dancing in the middle of the hallway."

You jump out of Shinichiro's hold, face instantly warming up at the sight of Izana looking at both of you with a bewildered look.

Embarrassment floods through you as Izana continues to stare at both of you. "How long have you been listening?" Shinichiro asks, hands ruffling Izana's hair which makes the boy let out an irritated huff.