XXI

Brushing your hair, you let out one last yawn, sleepiness fully leaving your body as you make yourself look presentable in front of the mirror by the living room. "Finally, a friday... " Setting down the comb, you stretch your body, hearing a few satisfying pops coming from your back and neck. Taking your bag from the couch, you make sure that you didn't leave anything behind before finally making your way to the front door.

You don't notice the awaiting male by the front of your house as you sluggishly turn around in order to lock the front door.

You're just about to start walking to the bus stop when you're stopped by a shout of your name. "Y/N!"

Whipping your head to the direction of the sound, you can feel your body heating up at the sight of a grinning Shinichiro leaning against his motorcycle, hair freshly styled and eyes wide and excited.

Walking over to him, you quirk a brow. "Sano? What are you doing here?"

"I just thought that I should drive you to school." His grn turns into a genuine smile as he stands up straight, eyes now staring right into yours, a determined look on his face. "I also wanted to spend some more time with you, if that's possible."

You don't know what's going on with him right now, it seems innocent enough but for some reason, you can sense something else. Like he wants to ask you something but is choosing not to. "We spend the rest of school together, Sano. I thought that that was enough. You practically follow me around the whole day." You muse as you make your way towards his motorcycle, hand running over the seat much like what you did with Wakasa's.

Shinichiro's motorcycle looks older than Wakasa's, especially since your cousin literally just bought it this week, but at the same time, the seat feels a lot comfier than Wakasa's.

"I can never spend enough time with you, Y/N."

Your hand momentarily freezes on the seat, eyes slowly looking up at Shinichiro who went back to his carefree smile, all the seriousness gone from his face as he motions for you to hop on after he situated himself by the front though you can faintly notice the red tinge of his ears as he continues to avoid making eye contact. "C'mon, don't want us getting late, right?"

Nodding, you hesitate a little as you get on the bike while securing the helmet on your head, not sure where to put your hands so that you won't fall off.

Noticing your little predicament, Shinichiro shakes his head a little, hands leaving the handles in order to take a hold of your wrists and using it to wrap your arms around his waist, hands securing your own in order to make sure that you're holding onto him tightly. "No need to be shy, hold me like how you were holding onto that guy from yesterday... actually, hold onto me tighter, okay?"

There's an edge to his voice as he assures you, almost spitting out the word 'guy', his teeth gritting a little while his brows furrow. It concerns you a little.

He's acting weird.

And he even mentioned Wakasa.

How does he even know about that?

Why does he sound so... so... jealous? Why does he sound so jealous?

You don't get it. Why is he so jealous over Wakasa? He's your cousin. The whole school knows about you being related to Wakasa, especially since the boys that one courted you were so adamant in spreading the news for any future boys who took interest in you. But it seems as if... Shinichiro is not aware of it?

That's unlikely.

You're pulled out of your thoughts when you feel his hand lightly squeezing your own - involuntarily making your heart flutter - before he finally focuses back to driving, the engine revving a little as he gives you a smile through the side mirror. "Hold on tight."