VIII

You're woken up by shouting coming from outside, Manjiro's loud voice ringing in your ears as you slowly sit up, untangling yourself from the blanket as you do so.

Stretching, you silently start walking out of the room, thoughtlessly brushing your hair and rubbing your eyes to make you look more presentable, glad that you managed to clean yourself up last night.

Making your way to the front of the house, you're met with the sight of Shinichiro, Manjiro and a little girl kneeling in front of grandpa. "Shinichiro! Manjiro! Emma!"

So that must be Emma.

"From now on, you're siblings! So you better get along." Grandpa crosses his arms, looking all of his grandchildren in the eye before he notices your form by the door way. "Oh, that's great, you're awake. Come." Motioning for you to enter, you offer the three a smile, even giving a little wave at Emma who's looking at you curiously.

"Emma, this is Y/N, she's-"

"My girlfriend, Y/N, for two years! She's been living with us for a little over a year now and we are planning on getting married soo-" Shinichiro gets cut off with Manjiro kicking him on the stomach, a pained groan leaving his mouth as your boyfriend slumps on the floor, hands clutching his stomach.

Running your hand through your hair, you make your way to Shinichiro, letting him lean on you as you caress his back.

It's so early in the morning and they're already making a ruckus.

"As your older brother said, she's Y/N, your new older sister. I'm sure you'll like her around after spending time with those two being a pain in the neck all the time." Grandpa tells Emma before he walks to the dojo to start prepping for his first class.

"Have you had breakfast, grandpa?" You ask over your shoulder, still stuck in Shinichiro's hold. "Did you take your medicine?"

Grandpa shakes his head at you. "It's half an hour before lunch, of course I've already had breakfast."

Flustered, you check your phone and see that it is about to be lunch. "Well, what do you want to have for lunch? I can buy them for us since I woke up late." You offer but grandpa only waves his hand at you, a sign that it's up to the rest of you to think of what to have for lunch.

Sparing Shinichiro a look, you greet Manjiro a good morning with a kiss on his head before turning to Emma, already setting Shinichiro's limp body on the floor in order to greet the cute blonde.

"Hello, I'm Y/N, sorry about earlier, I woke up a little late so I wasn't able to greet you when you first arrived." A sheepish smile makes its way to your lips as you watch her slowly nod at what you're saying.

Feeling the hesitation, you decide to take it upon yourself to do something. "Well, I'm about to head out to buy lunch, do you want to come with me or do you want to stay here for a bit? You must be tired from the trip here."

"Uhm..." Taking a look around the room, you watch as Emma eyes Manjiro and Shinichiro who start bickering by the door after Manjiro tries to force Shinichiro into training in the dojo. You almost want to deadpan since you feel like they're scaring Emma away already with their weird vibes. "I'd like to go with you to buy lunch, if that's okay..."

You almost want to coo at how cute she is, fiddling with her fingers as she looks up at you. Her cute ponytail bouncing a little as she tilts her head to the side.

"Of course it's okay, I'm the one who suggested it in the first place, right?" Chuckling, you stand up, holding out your hand so that Emma can take it. "C'mon, I'll just change my clothes and we can be on our way." Nodding at your words, she silently follows you into the house, passing by the bickering siblings who immediately quiet down when you pass by.