XLVII

"The operation done on Baji Keisuke was a success." The doctor announces with a smile on his face as he watches everyone's relieved reactions.

With the kids all shouting out in relief while you had to brace yourself, arms tightening around Baji-san as she almost falls limp in your hold, sobs racking her body while clinging to you, muttering her relief onto your shoulder. "Oh... my Keisuke... sweet Keisuke..." You hear her cry out.

With a soft smile, you let her cry onto your shoulder before giving the doctor your thanks. "Thank you so much for doing your best. We really appreciate it." You give him a small bow to which he bows back.

"Doc, when can we visit him?" Manjiro pops up from behind you, nearly making you jump as you glance towards him who looks like he's about to cry any second now, judging from his red rimmed orbs. Draken follows behind him, also eagerly looking at the doctor who gives the two teenagers a smile.

"Well, since he still needs to recover, visitation for Baji Keisuke will be open starting tomorrow afternoon. By then, he'll be awake already. Thankfully, there were no major organs wounded, so he'll be ready to go in two weeks." You nod along to his words as you gently rub Baji-san's back, the woman slowly starting to calm down as she faces the doctor.

"Thank you so much for saving my son." She bows which makes the doctor smile at her.

"All in the day's work, Baji-san. But also, may I have a moment with you? I have some things that I want to discuss regarding your son's recovery."

With that, you watch as the doctor escorts Baji-san to his office, leaving you alone in the hallway with the kids.

Letting out a big sigh, you stretch out your arms, feeling lighter than ever as you gaze at the door of the operating room, the anxiety and nervousness slowly dissipating from your body as you turn to the kids who have now gathered by the door to take a little peek through the window.

"Well then..." Turning to you, Manjiro and the rest all look at you in expectation. "I guess we'll have to be ready to visit Keisuke tomorrow then. What do you say we go grocery shopping?"

~~~~~

After a semi-hectic time with the kids in the market, you finally managed to finish up grocery shopping, going home with paper bags filled with fruits to bring to Keisuke, along with fruits to give to the kids just because they looked like they haven't had one in a long while. Not when Manjiro is always going crazy about his kiddy meals and taiyaki.

If it weren't for you, Draken and Emma, you're pretty sure Manjiro will be living off of the taiyaki that he manages to have Takemichi buy him.

You're not even sure if Manjiro pays Takemichi back.

"Now, be careful with that, okay? You might bump into someone if you're not careful." You remind the blond who merely gives you a small smile before leaning against the wall as he waits for you to check Baji-san's text containing Keisuke's room number. "Alright then, we're gonna be going to room 110. Baji-san is currently out buying herself some food so we'll be alone with Keisuke for a while." Leading your little group which consists of Manjiro, Draken, Mitsuya, Kazutora, Takemichi and Chifuyu, you make sure to remind them to be quiet in order to not disturb the other patients.

Just as you're about to turn the corner towards Keisuke's room, you suddenly hear an alarming sound coming from the nurse's corner followed by rushed footsteps.

Ushering the kids to the side, your group watches as the nurse rushes to one of the rooms. Sharing a look with the kids, the seven of you all shrug to each other before making your way back to looking for Keisuke's room. But then, as your group continue to look at the rooms, a bad feeling crawls up your body when the only room left to check is the one where the nurse had rushed in.