XVI

"Alright class, there's only a few more months until graduation which is why the faculty has already decided on the prom and what will be done for the event. But along with that, as I have mentioned earlier this year, there will be a dance and the faculty has already paired all of the students up. Wait here while I take the list from the faculty, okay? Behave."

Excited murmurs can be heard throughout the room the moment your teacher leaves, your classmates all whispering on what the possible plans will be for the prom while you quietly listen in on your friends' conversation. Not at all sure what you're expecting for prom since the previous seniors didn't have it.

"Y/N, who do you want to be partnered with for the dance?" Yui asks you, her fingers rhythmically tapping on your desk, the beats of the song that you've been practicing for a few days now resonating in your ears even with the excited murmurs in the room.

Looking up from your music sheet, you let out a shrug, unaware of a keen male trying to listen in on your conversation. "I don't know, I'm not really expecting much-"

"C'mon! At least think of someone! You have to at least be a little excited for prom, right? We're the first batch to experience it!" Haki exclaims, a pout on her lips as she leans closer to you, her hands grasping yours while Sara takes the music sheet from you in order to put it back in your bag.

Looking at your three friends, you can't help but playfully roll your eyes at the sight of them all pouting at you. "I don't know... I mean, I'll be fine with anyone?"

"You have to be specific! Give us a name, Y/N! You can't tell me that you're not considering at least one of the boys who currently have a crush on you in our year, right?" Sara prods, listing off the handful of guys that asked you out this year.

Remembering the very awkward confessions, you cringe at the memory. "All of the guys that asked me out started ignoring me the moment they realized that my cousin is some gangster wannabe. Like, isn't that ridiculous? The only guy that actually kept in contact with me is Hikaru and that's because he moved on from his feelings for me."

A snort leaves their mouths, remembering the days where you'll come to school only to be avoided by the boys that confessed to you the previous day after your friends mentioned your cousin. "That is ridiculous, they're scared of your cousin but they're not scared of you? I mean, you kicked a lot of ass back in grade school!" Haki says, waving her fist around at the mention of your grade school years. It makes you cover your face with your hands, not at all wanting to remember those days.

"Yeah, little Y/N would go around punching and flipping bullies all day whenever they'd say one insult towards us. She's like some mother hen." Yui reminisces, her head instinctively falling on your shoulder as she wraps her arms around your own. "Y'know, if you weren't a girl, I'd fall in love with you. You're like a charming prince, always around to save the day, making my heart beat so fast. Ah~ Y/N-chan, I might fall in love with you~" Yui exclaims, exaggerating her voice while rubbing her cheeks with yours while your friends laugh.

"Oh yeah? Well I've already fallen in love with her BECAUSE she's a girl and is a prince charming at the same time." Haki butts in, trying her best to slot herself by your side while Yui pushes her off.

You're compelled to laugh along, certainly enjoying the dramatics that your friends are putting on.

Now that your friends have made you think of potential dance partners, your mind can't help but think of a certain dark haired boy sitting right beside you.

Even with the two months of casually ignoring him, for some reason, you still keep on taking note of everything about him. You still can't help but list down the things that he mutters to himself when he's resting his head on his table, all alone and just mumbling about the things that he needs to remember by dismissal. Leaving the note by his table right before you leave the classroom just because now, he's not chatting with you on the way to the exit of the school, casually asking you about the things that he forgot throughout the day.