VII

Having arrived home a few minutes past midnight, the two of you tried your best to get to your shared room as quiet as possible then quickly cleaning yourself up before heading to bed.

The last few minutes of consciousness consisted of you scolding Shinichiro for trying to do something else other than sleep.

"Shin, I'm telling you, we don't have time for any of this right now, we need to sleep and wake up early so that we can greet Emma properly." You say this while lightly pinching his hands away from your thighs, a yawn leaving your lips after as you try to glare at Shinichiro's grinning face when you turn your head to the side. You're almost annoyed at how handsome he still looks even with the slight bags under his eyes as the silver light shines on his face from the open window.

You're pretty sure you look like shit after Shinichiro started nuzzling his chin on your hair earlier when you got to bed. Making sure to mess it up as much as he can just because he enjoys hearing you whine for him to stop.

Shinchiro can't help but let out a tired chuckle, eyelids getting heavier now that he has you in his arms and under the soft blanket that you brought from your apartment.

As much as he hates to admit it, he understands why Manjiro always wants to sleep next to you. You just feel so comfortable sleeping next to, with his arms around your stomach, hands comfortably holding onto your soft tummy, he can't help but squeeze it a little as he pulls you closer, making sure to press feather-light kisses on your shoulder. "Sorry, babe, I'll go to sleep now. Nighty night."

And just like that, he's out like a light.

Even with your heavy eyes screaming at you to sleep, you can't help but turn around in his arms, facing his chest as you do so.

Slowly, you snake your arms around his torso, burying your face on his chest as you inhale, taking in the soft scent of his clothes along with the body wash that you bought for him a year ago.

You didn't expect him to like it that much but now, it's become his signature smell along with his natural scent that you get to smell when he's working in his shop.

Unconsciously, your lips tugs into a smile, absolutely enjoying his warmth even as the wind blows into the room. His body feels like a heater as you tangle your legs with his under the covers.

With one last look at his sleeping face, you press a light kiss on his chin before you start to let yourself fall into your dreamworld. Vision slowly gets darker as you let his heartbeat guide you. But then, just as you're about to fully fall into unconsciousness, you hear the door creak open, tiny footsteps making its way towards you.

Taking a peek from under the covers, your heart melts at the sight of half-asleep Manjiro, blanket covering him as he silently sits on the edge of the bed, legs pulled to his chest before laying sideways.

He looks so small, with his blanket covering him, only his blond hair peeking out of the blanket that Shinichiro gave him as a birthday present a few years back.

"Manjiro, baby." You whisper, hoping to not startle him but he still jumps up in shock, tired eyes now fully awake as he whips around to face you.

Manjiro gapes at you, quickly crawling towards your open arms and making himself comfortable between you and Shinchiro. "Since when were you back?" He whispers near your ear as he tries to scoot closer to you, foot almost making contact with Shinichiro's stomach if it weren't for your hand swiftly catching it.

"Just a few minutes ago... " Caressing his hair, you can't help but frown when you see hsi slightly teary eyes. "Have you been sneaking into our room every night while we were gone?"

Hesitantly, Manjiro nods, little fists tightly gripping onto your shirt. "Grandpa told me to just sleep in my room but I always wake up in the middle of the night so I just sit on the bed until I fall asleep then wake up early in the morning to go back to my room."

You're not sure if it's healthy how much the Sanos are causing your heart to ache this much. This whole family has got your heart on the palm of their hands and you're not sure if you should let them.

Pulling him closer to you, if that was possible in the small space left for the three of you in the small bed, you press a kiss on his head, silently cooing at him. "Well, you can sleep for the night with us, okay? Then we can all get ready for tomorrow, we have a special someone arriving tomorrow."

Manjiro looks up at you, curiosity spinning in his dark eyes, but before he can say anything else, another voice shocks the two of you. "Can the two of you just sleep, please? I keep hearing you two whispering, thinking you're all quiet but we're literally an inch apart from each other." Shinichiro mumbles, arms stretching out in order to wrap around your form and pull you closer, therefore squeezing Manjiro between the two of you.

The little blond beams at the closeness, wiggling around for a bit before snuggly pressing his head against your chest, eyes closing as he whispers a quiet 'Good night'. As for you, you silently smile to yourself, arms securely holding onto Manjiro before leaning closer to Shinichiro, kissing him on the lips as you whisper an apology and your 'good night'.

Unlike a few minutes ago, you can already feel your body succumbing to sleep without any problems now that you have your precious Shinichiro and Manjiro next to you, both of them already asleep by the time you take one last look.

Small smiles on their faces.