XXXIX

"Lastly, do you have any preferences for what he'll be wearing?" The funeral director asks, voice soft and cautious as he looks around the room, trying to see who'll answer between you, grandpa and Wakasa before his eyes land on you.

Wringing your hands, you nod your head. "W-will it be alright if I bring in his suit tomorrow? I still need to get it ready..."

Nodding his head, the funeral director softly clasps his hand before bowing his head at the three of you. "We will do our best to properly handle him to your preferences. My condolences once more." With that, he exits the room, leaving the three of you alone in the room.

"You two should go home, I'm going to take care of the last of the things for the funeral. Get some sleep, Y/N, you haven't slept properly for almost two days." Grandpa carefully places his hand on your shoulder, ushering you to Wakasa who's waiting for you by the door of the funeral home.

"How about you-"

"Don't worry about me, okay? This old man has a lot of energy left in him, my old age has given me a strong mind but for you... I can see that you're really stressed out, still in shock. You went through a lot of things in a matter of one night, you were already overwhelmed by all of the new things that you had to prepare for months then this happened. You need some rest..." Wrapping you up in his arms, grandpa pats your back. "I can handle this, okay? Now go home."

With a tight smile, you whisper your goodbyes before walking over to Wakasa who wraps you up in his jacket, guiding you to his bike. "Do you want me to stay over? We'll be closed tomorrow in the gym, I can stay the night if you want." He asks as the two of you drive back home, your hands tightly clutching onto his shirt, the fear of letting go suddenly overcoming you as you press your head against his back.

"Yes please... I don't know if I can handle taking care of the kids right now..."

"I know."

~~~~~

When the two of you had arrived home, both of the kids were already sleeping, courtesy of Benkei who had volunteered to look after the two kids while you were busy with funeral preparations. Benkei had also volunteered to be the one to try and look for Takeomi in order to tell him of the news which is why he had left before you two could even arrive. "I'll sleep here in the living room, call me if you need anything, okay?"

"Okay, thank you again. I'm sorry for making you stay he-"

"Hey now, I suggested it, didn't I? And besides, what kind of brother would I be if I didn't stay for my sister?" He jokes around which thankfully makes you playfully roll your eyes though your lips are still stuck in a straight line.

"We're cousins, Waka."

"I know, Shinichiro would've lost it if we were actually siblings... I wouldn't have let him come near you if we were, wouldn't have let you attend the same school as him, taught him how to dance, let him take you out on dates, let him hurt like this..." Your cousin's voice wavers, a heavy sigh leaving his lips as both of your expressions drop, eyes brimming with tears as he grips onto your hands, thumb caressing the ring on your finger . "You think I can turn back time and beat his ass one last time for hurting you?"

You can't help but give him a pained smile, both of you holding in your tears as you shake your head at him. The silence hangs heavy on both of your heads as you give him one last hug. "I'm going to get his clothes ready, you should sleep, yeah? I'll call for you when I need you."

"Alright."

Glancing at him one last time, you start heading to the room that you once shared with Shinichiro. Your feet fall heavy on the wooden floor, hesitant on wanting to approach the room.