X

It's been over a week ever since Emma first arrived in the Sano household. It's also been a week since you last slept with Shinichiro since after your talk with Emma, she asked you if you can keep her company until she's comfortable enough to be alone in her room. And since you can't refuse her or any of the Sano siblings, you agreed.

Ever since then, you've been keeping her company for the past week that she's been home, much to Shinichiro and Manjiro's chagrin who thought that it will only last for 3 nights at most. But instead, the moment you step inside Emma's room for the night, the boys are completely locked out of the bedroom with Emma forbidding them to enter her room.

"Must we really part like this? Is our love really this fragile for it to be blocked out by a slab of wood?" Shinichiro whispers into your ear as he wraps his arms around your waist, trying his best to prevent you from walking towards Emma's room after changing into your pajamas.

Running your fingers through his hair, you let him hug you longer, your own arms wrapping around his neck as you lean against the wall, letting his taller figure hunch over so that he can rest his forehead on your shoulder.

As much as you love spending time with Emma at night, keeping her company and telling her bits and pieces of your past with Shinichiro, you can't really say that you don't miss being able to sleep next to your boyfriend, even with the occasional Mikey - a nickname that he came up with a few days ago that he's forcing everyone to use on him - barging in in the middle of the night.

You miss your quiet nights with Shinichiro since you can't really spend all that much time with him during the day with you going to university and him being busy in his shop. So, with the little time that you had with him in the past during the night, that time has been reduced significantly with you being with Emma.

Which is why you can't really blame Shinichiro for being extra clingy towards you.

"I'm sorry, love. I promise that once Emma's good to go, I'll be with you again, okay? I'll even tell Manjiro to not visit us at night so we can have our alone time." You whisper against his skin, unconsciously making goosebumps appear on his skin when you start kissing his jaw while playing with his hair. "I promise that we'll go on a date after, have the whole day for ourselves the next time I get off school early. Sounds good?" You can feel him nod, arms tightening around you when the sound of footsteps echoes across the hallway.

Turning your head, you're met with a sleepy Manjiro, his blanket wrapped around his shoulders as he trudges towards the two of you.

From what you know, Manjiro has been staying with Shinichiro the whole time you've been with Emma which is good since now, your two boys won't be as lonely without you. "Ready to sleep, Manjiro?"

Shinichiro slowly loosens his hold on you, letting you crouch down in order to give Manjiro his good night kiss before bed. Seeing the little blond nod, you can't help but ruffle his hair a bit, fixing the blanket around his shoulders before standing up once more, ushering Manjiro inside the room so that you can give Shinichiro one last kiss before you head to bed with Emma.

"Good night, Shin. I promise, okay? We'll have our alone time soon." Kissing him again, you lightly tap his chest, gesturing for him to follow Manjiro into his room before making your way to Emma's room. The little blonde is already sitting by the little vanity table that you got for her yesterday.

She looks cute.

Looking so tiny compared to your old vanity that you used during highschool.

Walking over, you take the hairbrush on the table and start brushing her hair for her. "Sorry if I was a bit late, the boys wanted a goodnight kiss." You joked as you brush her silky hair, lightly grazing your nails against her scalp and giving it a massage.

You found that Shinichiro, Manjiro and Keisuke really enjoyed them.

You'll have to try it on Izana and Kakucho the next time you visit them.

Finishing up your night routine, you helped Emma onto her bed before following after. You can see the eagerness in her eyes as she waits for you to settle down, your arm spread out by her pillow so that she can rest her head on your arm. Once she's tucked under the blanket, you turn off the lamp beside you, preparing your memories for whatever story Emma wants to hear for the night.

However, before you can even ask Emma about her bedtime story, your phone lightly rang on the table, your hand automatically stretching to get it.

Holding the phone up, you opened the messages that you got from the two older Sano brothers.

From: Shin <3

Hello, the love of my life.

as depressing as it is to say that we are once again separated, I would just like to bid you a 'Good night'!!

:p

Iloveyou!!

Sleep well

ill dream of you<3 xoxo

You can't help but laugh at the last texts, shoulders shaking as you type in a quick reply expressing your love and well wishes just so that Shinichiro won't start knocking on the door and demanding for you to reply to him.

"What did he say?" Emma whispers beside you as she stares at the screen, barely able to read the texts since she's just starting to learn.

"Just the usual 'Good night' and 'I love you'. But look, Izana texted as well." You excitedly said while opening the text message that Izana sent, his lilac coloured eyes still remains in your memories as you read the message.

From: Zana (cutie)

goodnight y/n! Kakucho and I thought of what we want to do with tenjiku in the future! I'll tell you when you come visit us!

Forgot to tell you but i'm now allowed to attend school outside of the orphanage! I bought the sausages that we ate last time from the convenience store with my own money! I gave Kakucho half of the sausage and he liked it too.

Good night!!!

A smile makes its way to your face as you read the message out loud, Emma aweing in amazement with the news that her older brother sent. "Woah! He can go to the convenience store by himself now? And he goes to school! I wanna go to school too!"

Brushing her hair to the side, you start texting your reply. "I'm sure you will once you're old enough. You can go to the same school that Manjiro goes to so that you can spend some time with him and his friends. Senju's there too."

"Is that the girl from the other day? The one with pretty lashes?"

Humming, you press send. "Yup, Haruchiyo's there too, and the three oldies." You told her, unintentionally mocking your friends as you put away your phone. "Well then, we need to sleep. It's getting late so what story do you want to hear?" Your hand unconsciously makes their way to her hair, fingers coursing through the silky locks as you massage her scalp once more. Glad that she's starting to relax from the way her eyes instantly closes.

"Hmm, have you and Shinichiro ever fought?"

"Of course. I think the latest fight we had was a month ago."

Turning to your side so that you can face Emma better, you close your eyes as you start to remember the fight. "Can you tell me the story?"

"Well, it started when I walked in and saw..."