XXIX

"Okay, be safe and remember to wear lots of layers. It's cold out, don't want you to get sick." You tell all the kids as they huddle around you, tiny arms trying their best to wrap around you one last time as your group stands by the platform, only a few more minutes before the train arrives. "Always warm up and get some warm soup too, I left some in the fridge that you can just heat up, tell grandpa okay? And don't play outside for too long."

Giving each of the kids a kiss on the forehead, your lips form a solemn smile when you see some of them looking up at you with pouts on their faces, cheeks all red from the cold as they hold onto your coat tighter.

"Y/N, you need to calm down, you're only going to be gone for a few days, not years. You're acting like you're going to leave your kids behind. It's not that big of a deal." Glaring up at your cousin, you almost want to punch him if it weren't for the kids still hugging you. "Shut up, Waka. Let me have my moment."

The other two founders beside him snickered, amusement evident in their faces as Takeomi slaps Wakasa's shoulder. "This wouldn't have happened if you didn't let Shinichiro date your cousin. Now you have a bunch of nephews and a niece."

"Two nieces, actually. Senju's part of Y/N's group."

Looking over at his sister, Takeomi raises his brow at the sight of Senju and Haruchiyo both hanging off of your arms, trying their best to prevent you from standing up even though your train has just been announced. "Guess she's stolen my siblings already..."

After a few more failed attempts at trying to stand up, the kids finally let you go after you gave them the idea of pestering Takeomi and Benkei who were both starting to head to the boards with posters plastered on them. Watching the kids run towards the two, you heave out a sigh of relief, eyes connecting with Wakasa who's already giving you an expectant look.

Dread washes over your body when you make your way to him, lips pursed at just the thought of your cousin giving you a scolding for your unexpected trip. "Y/N, you should've at least thought this through. Do you know how worried I was when I suddenly received a call from you in the middle of the night asking me to take care of the kids? I thought that something bad happened to you and Shinichiro." Wakasa murmured as he looked you over. "Why're you even rushing to Yokohama for some kid?"

"Wakasa, I already told you. He's not just some kid." You quipped, a little annoyed at how you need to explain this to your cousin once more. "He's Emma, Manjiro and Shinichiro's brother. I'm going over there right now because he's all alone in an orphanage because we're not yet legally allowed to adopt him and Shinichiro is busy trying to find his mum in another country. I'm the only other adult who can come visit him."

"I think that you're getting a little too involved in Sano's family. I'm sorry to say this but you're just his girlfriend, Y/N. You're going to run yourself thin if you keep prioritizing them like this."

Clicking your tongue, you feel your blood start to boil. "Wakasa. I'm not just doing this because Shinichiro's my boyfriend, okay? I'm doing this because I care about the kids and I don't want them to feel like they're being neglected or left out. All I want is for all of the kids to have an adult that will take care of them." Facing away from your cousin, you let out a deep sigh. "I'm not forcing you to take care of the kids with me so if you hate it that much then just tell me so that I wouldn't call you about those things. That's all you have to do."

It seems that Wakasa has pushed the wrong button, your outburst shocking your cousin along with Takeomi and Benkei who were making their way back to you. "I... look, I didn't mean it that way. I just - I didn't want you to spread yourself too thin. You're tired and stressed from university and the new shop. I was just worried about you." Wakasa explains which immediately makes you feel regretful for blowing up on your cousin.