CHAPTER 17

It's been a few minutes since Nate went in for a shower. I'm staying in the living room waiting for him to be done. I plan to take a shower after him, but I don't have any clothes. Nate made us leave the cabin without giving me a chance to pack my things.

I walk into the bedroom to find out if he's done. He has been taking a shower for a long while. I walk inside and hear the shower still running from inside the bathroom. He takes a long shower, that's for sure.

I'm about to step out of the room when I hear the shower stop running. He must be done. I turn back around to wait for him to step out so I can go in. He opens the door and walks out with only his towel around his waist. I'm starting to think I should've left and not waited for him to step out.

I've never seen someone sexier in my life. His upper body is still wet from his shower, and it's making his abs look insanely attractive. I bite my lips to stop the images forming in my head as I imagine how his body feels on my fingers.

"I can smell your arousal. Stop staring at me," Nate says. I startle and immediately stop making babies with him in my head. My cheeks become crimson as I realize I've been caught.

"I'm sorry, it's the mate bond that makes me attracted to you," I say, but that's a lie. Even though the mate bond makes me attracted to him, I made babies in my head with him all on my own.

"I know. You can put this on after you shower," he says, handing me a shirt from his luggage. Room service brought his bags upstairs.

"Thank you, and do you have anything I could wear for down."

"Down?" he asks, confused.

"Yes, I can't wear only a shirt. My—" I pause because this is embarrassing.

"Oh, you can pick from the bag which whatever you like. They're all new," he says, walking back to the bathroom with clothes in his hands.

I'm so happy I didn't have to explain that I needed something to cover my ass if the shirt went up while sleeping. That would've been very embarrassing.

I pick the finest set of boxers among his collection and go into the bathroom to shower.

I take my time cleaning up. I removed my makeup in the car with baby wipes Nate bought for me on our way so I don't have to spend a lot of time on my face. Nate asked me why I looked like a dead woman. I lied and said I was trying out new makeup.

Once I'm done washing, I step out of the bathroom dressed in Nate's shirt. It smells heavenly because it has his scent. His boxers managed to cover my ass but are barely hanging on. I walk out to find Nate preparing the bed. I'm shocked that he's preparing the bed for me, or so I thought until he takes off his shirt and lies down.

"If you're sleeping on the bed, where am I sleeping?"

"On the bed."

"But you're sleeping on the bed."

"Yes, I am."

"We can't sleep together. You agreed we won't mate."

"Just because I'm sleeping on the bed doesn't mean I'm going to mate you, Elizabeth."

"Then sleep on the couch."

"I can't."

"You can't or you won't?" I can't believe my mate and I are fighting for who gets to sleep on the bed.

"I can't, and I don't have time to argue with you all night. Lie down and sleep," he commands.

I think about sleeping on the couch, but I don't want my neck to hurt tomorrow. I carefully get on the bed. I pick up all the pillows he threw away from the bed and make a barrier between us.