CHAPTER 36

"We'll be leaving tomorrow," Nate says as he gets under the covers as we're heading to bed.

"I can't wait to get back. I miss everyone," I say, getting under the covers too.

"We're not going home."

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

"A surprise?" I ask, giddy.

"Yes."

"Where could we be going that would be a surprise to me? Hmm."

"You'll see tomorrow," he says, smiling.

"Okay, good night," I say, kissing him.

"Good night, mate," he says when our lips finally part.

***

The following morning Nate and I leave very early. We spend about two hours in the air before landing. We're in the car on our way to a place only Nate knows what or where it is.

I look away from my window when I hear the driver talking to someone. I look ahead and realize we're in front of a huge iron gate. It's as big as the gates of the vampire king's castle.

"State your business here," the man inside the security post by the gate asks the driver.

"The Alpha King has arrived."

"Oh, forgive me, my King. I'll open it immediately," the man in the security post says and hustles to open the gate.

The driver takes us into a huge compound. It's bigger than the vampire king's.

"Nate, where are we?"

"We're home," Nate says, smiling.

"Home?" I ask, confused with how this strange place is our home.

"Yes, home. Come. I'll show you around," Nate says, stepping out of the car when it comes to a halt. Nate walks over to my side and opens my door. In front of me is the biggest castle I've ever seen. The vampire king's palace cannot even compare to what's in front of me.

"Nate," I say, looking at him confused.

"This is actually where we're meant to live. It was getting renovated, which is why I was lodged with the other pack. However, renovations are now complete, and we can return home," Nate explains as we walk toward the castle entrance. The guards bow immediately once they see Nate.

"So, you're telling me you had a castle all this while like a real king?" I giggle.

"Yes."

"Wow, this place is beautiful," I say as we walk into the palace.

"I know," Nate says, smiling.

Nate shows me around the castle; words can't describe how beautiful it is. We're walking toward the training grounds. This is where Nate trains all the werewolves for combat. I see a non-werewolf in the midst of werewolves and smile. I leave Nate's side to greet my dear friend.

"Hello, Ekaterina," I say, smiling as I pull her into a hug.

"Hello Liz, how are you doing?"

"I'm great, and you? What are you doing here?"

"I'm wonderful. I'm helping the werewolves train for the upcoming war."

"You're not a vampire. How can you help with the training?"

"She might not be a vampire or a werewolf, but she's a witch. The witches have joined the vampire king in the war. We need a witch while training our soldiers to prepare them," Nate answers my question before Ekaterina can.