CHAPTER 34

In the next few days, I helped the new werewolves in Nate's territory settle in. I make sure they have everything they need. They're mostly women and kids, so they're still shaken from what they faced.

Nate and I are traveling to the most recently attacked pack in his private jet. It's the Silver Moon Pack. Nate wants to see find out if anyone else survived. We're going in his jet so it'll be easier to move additional survivors. The place they came from is far from Nate's territory. I can't imagine how long they walked to get to us. It must've been an exhausting journey.

"What're you thinking about?" Nate asks, lacing our fingers together.

"I'm thinking about how far the women and children from the Silver Moon Pack walked," I say, looking out the plane windows. Nate nods his head in understanding.

"Did I tell you how great you've been handling everything?" he asked.

"Handling which things?"

"The Silver Moon Pack."

"Oh, that. I wouldn't call what I did amazing."

"I would. The way you took charge and gave Dan orders that night was amazing. It made me realize that if I'm not available one day to rule our kingdom, I know you would do an excellent job."

"I wouldn't say I'm a good leader based solely on what I did that night."

"I would. The way you handled it, how you embraced them responded to them, tells me you'll be a wonderful Queen by my side forever. Our people will always be safe in your hands. I can't wait for this to be over so we can have your coronation."

"You want to make me Queen?" I ask, shocked.

"Why so surprised? Who else would I make my Queen?" Nate asks, and I'm lost for words. We haven't completed the mating process, so I didn't think I'd become Queen any time soon. I assumed maybe later, if at all, but not now. "You'll make an amazing Queen," Nate says, smiling.

When we landed, the situation we walked into was heart-wrenching. So many werewolves were killed. We're with the pack closest to the Silver Moon Pack. I feel guilty for what's happening. I've been thinking about offering myself to the vampire king before he manages to wipe out more than half of my kind. I come back from my thoughts when I feel someone pulling on my pants. I look down and see a child with blood all over her.

"How can I help you, pup?" I ask, lifting her onto my hip. I use my shirt to wipe the blood off her face. She can't be more than five years old. I can't imagine the horrors this child has faced at the hands of vampires.

"My Mom, she's injured," the pup says, pointing straight ahead. We arrived at this pack an hour ago. There are a lot of injured werewolves we haven't found yet.

"Take me to her," I say, dropping the kid back on the ground so she can lead the way.

"This way," she says, pulling my hand.

We don't walk far before we reach her Mom. She's bleeding from her stomach. I quickly mind link Nate to send a doctor as I put pressure on her bleeding belly.

'All the doctors are busy.'

'Shit, not even a single one can leave what they are doing? The woman here is bleeding badly from her stomach.'

'No, if they leave the wolves they are treating, they will die,' Nate mind links back.

'Okay, I understand. I'll think of a way to help her on my own.'

'Good luck, be safe.'

I start thinking of ways to save her. I can't let her die. Who would raise her child?