Chapter One

"No! I don't want to be with him!"

"But honey..."

"No, mom... I don't want to do this!"

"But darling..."

She holds my head with her hands.

"This can change everything. It will be so much easier for you to chase your dreams."
She hugs me and I can only cry. I will be fine, if only that guy isn't part of this!

Flashback to 2 weeks ago...

It's early in the morning but I'm driving my car to my family's restaurant. Yeah, I'm working at my family's restaurant to become a chef. Oh yeah, by the way, I'm Shailene Diann Woodley. People call me Shailene but the ones whose close with me call me Shai. I've always wanted to become a chef ever since I was a little girl. My parents always told me that I already cook a very delicious steak at the age of 6 with my own hands. Somehow I feel so proud of it.

Before I'm going to my family's restaurant, I want to grab a coffee from Starbucks. I really need an energy boost right now. I park my car outside Starbucks and go inside. "Good morning miss. What would you like to order?" A girl who works in Starbucks greet me. "Caramel Macchiato please." "Tall, Grande, or Venti?" "Grande." "Okay. So, one Grande Caramel Macchiato for...?" "Shailene." "Okay, ms. Shailene. It will be $4.79." I give her $5 and then she gives me the change. "Ohh just keep the change." "Okay, thank you ms. Shailene. You can take your order at the corner of there." "Okay, thank you." I walk to the corner she pointed and I wait for a minute. "One Grande Caramel Macchiato for Ms. Shailene?" "That's me." "Okay, here you go. Thank you for coming and have a nice day!" "Thank you." I walk out for Starbucks and just when I want to take a sip... Somebody bumped into me and now I have Caramel Macchiato all over my shirt. I look at the one who bumped into me and it is a guy. He walks like that he didn't do anything wrong. I walk straight to him with my angry face. "Hey you!" He turn around and whoa... He is handsome... Wait, focus! "What?" "You just spilled my drink all over me!" He look at me and then he say one word that makes me mad even more. "So?" "At least say sorry for what you did!" "Ohh I can't. I don't feel like I did it so I don't care." He walks away. What the... What a jerk! I walk to him and call him. "Hey!" When he turn around... splash! I throw all the Caramel Macchiato left in my cup. "What the hell?!" "You deserve it, you bastard!" He really get into my nerves. I walk straight to my car and drive it as fast as I can.

I arrive at my family's restaurant just in time before it opens. This week, I'm not the one who holds the key to the restaurant. I open the door and I can see Beth is tidying up some stuffs. "Hey Shai! Whoa, somebody's a grumpy bear today." I sit in front of her and tell her everything. "What a jerk!" "I know right!" "Well, that kind of guy is a no no. Even if he is hot or handsome, that is so not polite. At least, give some respect!" I really love this girl. I can tell all my stories to her. She's been my friend since we were high school and now, we're working together in my family's restaurant. "Well Shai, you need to change and get ready. After this, everything is going to be fine."

Flashforward to today...

My mom and I are waiting for my dad at this hotel where we will have lunch with my dad's best friend and his family. I'm wearing this white lace dress and do a messy braid for my hair. I only apply a natural make up today. "Look Shai, here comes for your dad." I immediately stand up and look at my dad. I really miss my dad so much. He's been in a business trip for the past 3 months and he's finally home. "Dad!" I run into him and hug him tightly. "Oh my! Shailene, I miss you so much pumpkin!" He hugs me back and I feel really comfortable and safe. "I miss you too..." I release the hug and look at him with a smile. "Oh yeah, Shai, meet my best friends, Phillip and Liliana." I shake hands with Phillip, his wife, but after that I freeze. "And their son, Theo." I cannot believe it. I meet the person who spilled my coffee and didn't even care about it. I can see that he is also surprised. I walk straight to my chair and sit. My dad, Phillip, Liliana, and Theo also take their sits. Now, I'm face to face with him. "So, there is actually something we want to tell." "What is it?" "So Shai, Phillip and I have been best friends since we were high school. We were also in the same college. After graduate, we both made a promise. Someday if I got married, also him, and have a child with an opposite sex, we will marry them." I look at my dad with a shocking face. "So you're saying..." "Yup Shai. You will be Theo's future wife. This lunch will also be your engagement party." I look at Theo and his face is also as shock as I am. I stand up and look at my dad. "Sorry dad, I don't want to marry him!" Theo also stands up after I said that. "You think I want to marry you? There are lots of beautiful girls out there who is more suitable for me!" I glare at him. "Ohhh don't be comfortable with yourself, you jerk!" I walk myself out to the toilet and cry. His words really hurt me. "Shai dear, wait!" My mom follow me to the toilet. I can hear Phillip shout at Theo. "Theodore Peter James Kinnaird Taptiklis, you tell me what's going on right here, right now!"

---

Finally I made a sheo fanfiction!!! Yeaaaaaaay!!!

fyi, i actually already wrote this story but then my wattpad was error so i have to rewrite everything.

Yes, I'm a big fan of Sheo and also The Divergent Series. They are just perfection you know... A total perfection...

So anyway, hope you like this story. Feel free to comment and vote! See you all on the next chapter! Bye now!