Chapter Six

Theo's POV

I park the car near the entrance and look over to Shailene. She checks her phone while she's looking at the window. I stop the car and tap her shoulder. "We're here." She looks to the window again. "Where are we?" "Green Garden, I'm sure you've heard of this place." Green Garden is basically the ideal place to make an outdoor party, but there's still a building for the indoor party. My family once made a barberque party here. I get out of the car and Shailene does the same. I walk straight to the entrance until I hear somebody clears their throat. I look back and Shailene's walking towards me with a very facinating face. Or should I say, disappointed. "Some gentleman you are." I ignore her and walk, leaving her behind. Then, I see Luca. Shoot, I forgot that he's here. I also finally remember. They already knew that I will bring my fiancèe tonight, which is Shailene. I quickly turn back to Shailene and take her hand. She looks at me with a surprised look. "And what do you think you're doing?" I leans closer to her head and make my way to her right ear. "You are my fiancèe and the whole point of bringing you here is to introduce you since they already knew that I'm engaged." "Like how the hell they knew about us?!" She whispers back but I can feel she actually wants to yell. "You should ask my parents. Now stop complaining and take my hand." I stand straight again beside her and she takes my hand. We both walk to the party and Luca immediately notice us. Here goes nothing... "Ahh! Theodore! So nice to see you again! We haven't met for... I don't know... Six years?" "Nice to see you too, Luca." I reply him with a fake smile. He laughs and smiles widely while pointing at me. "I know that smile... You don't really wanna see me, don't you?" I give him a straight face but then he laughs again. "Ohh c'mon Theo... It's been six years and you still cannot move on?" I still give him a straight face. "Yes, I know it was my fault but at the end, I don't even end up with her." Her. The one person that keeps me away from one thing. "Ohh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you're with a lady. I guess you moved on already." Oh yeah, I have Shailene beside me right now. "Oh yeah, this is actually my fiancèe." Luca looks like that he's going to pop out his eyeballs. "Fiancèe? As in... future wife??" I let go Shailene's arm and wrap my hand around her waist, bringing her closer to me. "Yes, she is my future wife." Luca looks like that he cannot believe what I just said. "Wow... After six years of not seeing you and now you're going to get married." He gives a pat on my shoulder. "Well done." I nod at him and now he's standing in front of Shailene. "Sorry for my words before about Theo's past. Sometimes words just slip from my mouth." He offers his hand to Shailene and Shailene shakes her hand with him. "Luca. Luca Montalio." "Shailene Woodley." He stares at Shailene for quite long. Somehow I feel something weird inside of me. "Woodley?" She nods. "Are you Evan and Olivia Woodley's daughter?" "Umm yes. How did you know my parents?" "Oh my gosh. I finally meet you! I'm actually Fabio Montalio's son." Okay, so what's going on right now? "OH! Now I remember. Yeah, your father and mine went to some business trips together." I feel kinda uncomfortable listening to their conversation. I lean to Shailene's ear. "I'll go get some drinks." She looks at me. "Okay." Then I go to where the bar is.

Shailene's POV

As Theo left me, I keep talking with Luca and we both walk to the party. It's actually a really nice party. They put some lanterns and lights, making them look like lots of fireflies. "So tell me, how did you end up with Theo?" "Well, our fathers are actually best friends like forever and they made us met each other." "So... you don't actually fall in love with him?" I'm kinda surprised but then I laugh. "Of course I love him. We met 2 years ago actually and I guess we just connected with each other." "Hmm... I see." My heart is like hurting a little. I agree on this engagement only for my parents and achieving my dreams. I don't love him. Oh hell, I don't even know him personally, rather than his jerk personality. "So, when's the wedding?" "Uhh well... We still discussing about it." I look at a bar in front of me and I can see Theo is drinking a glass of wine alone. "Umm Luca." He turns his head to me. "Mind if I ask you something?" "Sure, what is it?" "About your words before..." "Ahhh... You mean Theo's past. Wait, you don't know about it?" "Well, every time I ask, he said that he doesn't want to talk about it because he already move on from it." Okay, technically that's a lie. I barely even know him and yet, we're engaged. "Hmm... he must be serious when he said that he moved on already." "What happened?" He puts both of his hands inside of his pockets. "Well, Theo and I were actually close. We were friends but then I did something stupid. It was also included his ex. He was actually going to propose but then, the rest is history." Looks like that he's hiding something. I only wrap both of my arms in front of my chest. "No offense Shailene, but I don't want to go on full detail. It's better for you to listen from Theo himself. I don't want to make him think even more that I'm the worst friend he ever had in his life." I only nod while looking at him. "I understand." "Good. Well, I guess you should probably go to Theo now. I have to go to meet my wife." I nod and smile to him. "Nice meeting you, Luca." "You too, Shailene." He walks away and I can see he's heading to a table where a brunette girl is sitting. She stands up and I'm suprised. Whoa, that girl is pregnant! Luca wraps his arm around her shoulder and they both walk to the buffet. I walk to the bar and I see Theo is holding his head. I walk closer and I sit next to him. I look at him. He looks like that he's been thinking something. "You're done talking with that pretty boy?" He talks but he doesn't even look at me. "If I'm not done yet, I won't be sitting here." He sips his wine. "Did he say something bad about me?" "What? No. He actually still feel bad." He looks at me. "What did he tell you?" Now I'm face to face with this jerk. "He only told me that he did something wrong which included your ex. He still feel bad about it until now." He chuckles and put his glass. "Yeah. Sorry doesn't fix anything." He stands up and takes my hand. I immediately balance myself with these heels. "What are you doing? Don't you even remember what I'm wearing right now?" "There's still some people that want to meet you. I'll make it quick so we can go home earlier." I really don't understand this guy...

---

Oh. My. God.

I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING THIS STORY!!!

i lost the chapters and i have to rewrite it -_- sucks, i know.

Plus, I updated my other stories. I think I'm going to update for this book for a while now because I haven't post anything new here.

I include the set of the party so you can get a better look what the party looks like.

Thank you so much for reading! Feel free to comment and vote!