Chapter Eight

Shailene's POV

"Ansel, can you pass the salt to me? I need one right now." His long hand takes the salt from the shell and gives it to me. "Here ya go, sis." "Thanks." I put some to the pan and continue cooking. Today, Golden Wood is packed with people. Me and Ansel have been cooking and rushing around. Somehow we can handle it. When we finally done, we both get out from the kitchen. "What a day..." Miles takes his drink. "Never been tired like this before..." "Well, at least we got lots of cash today. I almost cannot handle the costumers today." We all laugh at Beth's statement. Then suddenly, the door opens. "Welcome to Golden Wood... Oh hi Mrs. Woodley!" I look up and see my mother walking to me. "Hi to you to Beth and all of you." "Hi mom..." I hug her for a sec. "Is there something wrong?" "Oh no no. I actually want you to bring this." My mom handed me a box and smells like my mom's cooking. "What is this?" "Well, it's my special cookies and muffins." "I heard cookies and muffins." Miles walks to my mom with a puppy dog eyes. He loves my mom's desserts. "Sorry Miles, there's nothing for you today..." She pats Miles' cheek. "So, where do you want me to take this box to?" She takes out a piece of paper from her clutch and I read it. The Taptiklis Company.

Taptiklis.

Taptiklis.

Taptiklis.

Oh shit.

Okay, now I finally swear.

"Don't say..." "Yes, you're bringing this to Theo." Everybody immediately laugh and mock me. I give them a glare but it only make them laugh even harder. "But mom!" "Don't worry about your job here. I'll be your replacement for awhile. Besides, I miss cooking for this place." "Mom..." "That's a great idea, mom! I also miss cooking with you at this place!" Ansel hugs our mom but stick his tongue out to me. I swear, having him as my brother makes me wanna scream sometimes. "Fine... I'll bring it to him later." "Ohh no Shai... You're going right now. The company needs those cookies and muffins before 2 PM." I groan and I take my car key. "Bye mom..." I hug her and she kisses my cheek. "Don't get too carry away with your fiancèe!" I glare at Ansel and he laughs like there's no tomorrow. I look at Beth and Zoë and they can only give a symphatic smile. Miles? He still kinda upset 'cause he cannot eat my mom's cookies. Here goes nothing...

Theo's POV

"Mr. Taptiklis?" I look up from my computer and Mrs. Cruz is standing at my office's entrance. "Yes, Mrs. Cruz?" "There's someone that want to meet you." I look at her and try to remember if I have actually having a guest today. "Who is it?" "Umm... If I'm not mistaken, her name is Olivia Woodley." Shailene's mom? What is she doing here?

Oh yeah, the desserts that my parents ordered for the company.

"Oh yeah, just let her in." Mrs. Cruz nods and walks away. I look down at my computer once more. A minute later, I hear someone opens my door. Someone walks to my desk. I immediately stand up and cannot believe my eyes. That's not Mrs. Woodley. That's the diva herself! She puts the boxes on my desk and look straight to my eyes.

Man, she has beautiful hazel eyes...

Damn! Get your sense back!

"What are you doing here?" I ask her, sounded coldly. She crosses both of her arms in front of her chest. "What is it look like that I'm doing?" I also cross my arms. "For me, you're not only bringing those boxes." She gives a mocking chuckle and shooks her head. "Oh really? So what am I really doing?" I bend down a little and lean closer to her. "You want to meet me." I can see her eyes are about to pop out and I'm satisfy. "Listen up, big boss. My mom asked or should I say, forced me to bring those boxes. You think I want to meet you? Oh hell no! I rather cook for 20 tables at the same time than meet you even for only 1 second!" Somehow her words hit my heart so bad and it hurts me. "You really do hate me, don't you? Then why you agreed on this engagement?" She lifts her face up and glares at me.

Theo 1, Shailene 0

"If it wasn't for my parents and my dreams, I won't even agree on dating you! You think I want to be engaged right now? No!" I stand there still, let her talk. "Besides, you're the one who needs me. You don't get any deal with big companies because you're not married yet!"

Theo 1, Shailene 100

"I can win any company without having a wife!" "That's what you think, but what about the world? They doubt you!"

Theo 1, Shailene 1000

"You know what?" She pulls the ring from her finger and put it on my desk. "I can't be with a jerk that full of himself. Look for another girl that really wants to marry you! I'm done here." And with that, she walks away and slams the door. I take the ring and close my eyes. She was right, there are no big companies that want to work together because I'm still single while the bosses already married. I slam myself on my chair. What have I done?

---

I. Am. The. Worst.

I can finally update on wattpad and finally free from exams!!

To be honest, I don't really have much to say.

But, I'm sorry if this chapter is kinda over dramatic...

Also, I include Megan Nicole's cover for Can't Feel My Face by The Weeknd. You guys should check it out.

Thank you so much for reading this chapter! Feel free to comment and vote! xx