Chapter Twenty Six

Shai's POV

The Uber ride wasn't so bad but there was slightly awkwardness surrounding us. Not in a negative way tho...

You probably wondering... Why there was a slight awkwardness?

Well my dear friends...

Keiynan kept on smiling and teasing us. Me and Theo sat at the back and Keiynan sat next to the driver. Theo couldn't keep his hand to himself because he kept on holding my hand or wrapped his arm around mine. Theo even placed his head on my shoulder at some point. Now you know why Keiynan couldn't stop teasing us.

So now, we're at Starbucks to get some coffee and just chill. Luckily, there wasn't that many people (in fact,  it was almost empty) so we don't need to be worry about the staring and gossiping since you know... Apparently, "sheo" is trending right now. It's like the hottest topic to talk about.

I got myself a Java Chip Frappuccino,

Theo got Nitro Cold Brew with Sweet Cream,

and Keiynan got Green Tea Crème Frappuccino

Theo and Keiynan, being very busy, keep on checking their phones and for Keiynan, he's also on his laptop

Theo and Keiynan, being very busy, keep on checking their phones and for Keiynan, he's also on his laptop. It's like that they can't stop working even after a business trip. Sure, we talk once in a while but then they work again and having a discussion on this and that. Me, being very naive and have no idea what they talk about, can only lean back and enjoying my Java Chip.

Then, Keiynan's phone rings. He immediately answer it. "Good morning, this is Mr. James' assistant speaking. How can I help you?"

Wow.

He sounds so... Formal. I mean, it's a call to his iPhone, not to a call center. I look at Theo and ask. I'm just really curious for some reason. "Theo..." "Yeah?" "Why does Keiynan sound so formal? I mean, it's someone calling to his personal phone." Then, Theo looks at me. "It's not his personal phone. It's his business number. He has two phones, one for business and one for personal life. That's why he talk in a formal way." I can only nod my head. I mean, I can't imagine myself having two phones because I know for sure, I'll get mixed up between which one is which.

Sure I can have different color or put on different phone case but it's still not gonna work out. I like to keep my contacts, social media, photos, songs etc in one phone only.

"Oh okay, may I ask what time?" Keiynan starts to type what he hear on his laptop. "Uh huh... Okay, I'll inform Mr. James and his fiancèe..."

Wait...

Fiancèe? That means... Me??

"...and I'll contact you soon. Okay, thank you miss. Yes, thank you. Have a good day." Then he hangs up the call. I keep on looking at Keiynan and Theo is also looking at him. Like, what is it that he's going to inform us?

"Okay, so that was from Cosmopolitan Magazine and you guys will be on the cover for your engagement news." I feel like my eyes are going to pop out. "WHAT?!" Both Theo and I say the same word at the same time. "Apparently, Mrs. Taptiklis already arranged the photo shoot and all that stuff so you guys will only need to go to the studio."

I feel like I wanna fall.

Wait... I'm not ready to be on the cover of a famous magazine.

Especially with my so called fiancè!

Yes you guys do remember that we only act like we're madly in love but we all know the truth.

"I disagree." Theo finally speaks again. "I don't want to do this shoot. Especially when I'm not interested in it." "But, your mom already arranged it and you can't just decide that you don't want to do it." Keiynan tries to convince Theo. I don't even know why he wants to convince Theo. "Keiy, I don't want to do a photo shoot about me being engaged." "Why? You guys will only need to pose and answer some questions. Nothing way too personal." "Well I don't want to because I don't want to lie."

Lie?

What does he mean by lie? Our engagement is 100% real.

Okay, maybe not 100% since we don't love each other.

"Lie?" Keiynan asks. "Theo, your engagement is real. How can you say you don't wanna lie?" "Because my feelings for her are not real!"

What the fuck?

Okay, seriously. WHAT THE FUCK?

HE JUST KISSED ME AND SAID HE MISSED ME AT THE AIRPORT.

Is he... Playing with me?

There's like a huge hit on my heart and it's weirdly hurting me.

Keiynan looks surprised. Yeah Keiy, you're not the only one. I grab my Starbucks cup and leave them. Theo immediately stands up and grab my hand. "Where are you going?" "I need to go home. I have stuffs to do." "I'll take you home." "No that's okay, you still have works to do." I release my hand forcefully from his grab. I walk out and take the cab right away.

I can feel my eyes getting hot. Tears will soon making their way out from my eyes. Why am I feeling like this? Didn't we already make it clear since the beginning that we both only pretending to be in love so we get to achieve what we want?

Still... Why is his words really killing me inside?

What is wrong with me?

-----

i deserve all the hate for not updating way too long.

I'm so afraid to say sorry right now because I feel like I've said it a thousand times.

So, you probably wondering why I didn't update. The reason is because I was on my last year of school so there were so so so many exams and homeworks. And then, I graduated with the highest score! Now, I am waiting for my first year of college!!! Kinda excited but also scared but very thrilled to know what will I experience in college.

And again, I don't know if this chapter is good enough but hopefully you guys enjoy it.

Speaking of this chapter, Theo is being a little confusing huh? Don't worry, I'll make him explain on the next chapter.

So feel free to comment and like this chapter! Thank you so much for reading and see you guys very VERY soon!