Chapter Sixteen

Shai's POV

I. Can't. Believe. It.

I just kissed Theo James aka Mr. Jerk.

I just had a make out session with him...

AND HE BIT MY NECK! That didn't sound good...

I walk in front of him and walk faster. I can't be near him right now. The moment keeps replaying in my mind. How he kissed me, how close our bodies were, how we couldn't control ourselves, how soft his lips were...

GET BACK TO THE REALITY SHAI! GOSH.

I finally see some crowds and I take my chance to blend with the crowd. I need to get my mind straight right now. "Shailene!" Oh no... Not now! I turn around to see Mr. Andreson is smiling at me. Her daughter (I believe this one is Arieta) is standing next to him. "Hi Mr. Andreson..." "I can see you have a pretty good time here." Good? It was unbelievable... "Yeah, I actually have a great time here." Mr. Andreson laughs. "Say, how rude I am for not introducing my daughter properly. So I already mentioned it to you, this is Arieta, the birthday girl." I smile at her and shake hands. "Hi Arieta. I'm Shailene Woodley. Happy birthday to you and thank you for inviting us..." "You're welcome. But, us? You came here with someone?" Shoot I forgot. I'm not with Theo right now. Suddenly Mr. Andreson laughs. "Oh silly old me!" Mr. Andreson clears his throat. "Sweetie, Shailene here is Theo's fiancèe." She opens her eyes wider. "Theo? As in, Theo James?" "Yes. The only one." Suddenly she squeel and jump in joy. Okay... what's going on? "Oh finally he has a girlfriend!! Even better, a fiancèe!" I really can't catch up with what's happening right now... "Shailene dear, you see, my daughter is a fan of your future husband. I'm also surprised that she likes him as an idol." "I've been waiting for the day that Theo will have that special someone in his life. Because you know, his love story is too mysterious. Now... This is surely one of the best day ever in life!" I can only laugh and blush. I think it's cute that this girl likes Theo and she's been waiting for Theo to have someone special.

Someone special?

She just doesn't know one thing. I'm not really his someone special. We're in this win-win relationship. I'll get my name in the culinary industry, he'll get his name higher in the business industry.

Suddenly I feel someone's arms around my waist and pulling me closer. I don't need to look back 'cause I know who it is. I can feel his face next to mine. "I've been looking for you everywhere. You sure have fast legs..." Then he looks up and face Mr. Andreson and Arietta. "Hi Arieta... Long time no see I guess." He lets go one of his arms to shake hands with Arietta. The other arm? Nicely wrap my waist. "Thank you for coming, Theo! And thank you for also bringing your someone special!" Theo laughs and pulls me even closer (and tighter I have to add!). "What do you think of her?" "I think that she is very beautiful and completes you. I mean, just look at you. You both fit just perfectly." I cannot help myself but to blush. Suddenly a warm sensation hits my blushed cheek.

What kind of warm sensation?

Theo's lips.

He kissed my cheek a little longer before wrap both of his arms around me. Arieta looks amused and happy. Mr. Andreson? He smiles even brighter.

"Awww see? You two really look perfect together!" Arietta clap her hands in excitment. At this point, I take my chance to look at Theo, who is already looking at me. We're both so close right now that our breathes mixed. I can also feel his heartbeat because my back is against his chest.

You probably won't believe it but... his heart beats faster and louder.

I have no idea why.

I can only feel that his face is getting closer to mine and I only stand still. I don't know why I don't even try to break free. His arms around me feels like a warm hug. A hug I've never had with anyone. A different kind of hug. I can only see his lips are getting closer to mine.

Before our lips touch, someone clear his throat. "Dad!" Both Theo and I come back to the reality. He still wrap his arms around me. "Sorry sweetheart... but you can't see them kissing!" "Dad... you do realize I'm 21 right?" "I know but still. You'll be more obsessed with Theo and you won't stop talking about their kiss..." Mr. Andreson comes closer to us and whisper. "She can talk about you for 3 days straight. Not that I hate you but gosh this girl needs to control herself..." I only chuckle and Theo laughs a little. "Imagine if you guys really kissed in front of her. I can't imagine how many days she will talk about you two..." "Dad, I heard that." Mr. Andreson turns around and Arietta already put her arms in front of her chest and raised one eyebrow. "Hehe sorry sweetie, but that's the truth." Mr. Andreson wrap his arm around Arietta's shoulder. "Well, I need to take this princess to meet her other guests. See you guys later okay?" I only nod and smile. I guess Theo did the same. "Bye guys! Don't forget to invite me to your wedding soon!" Arietta waves at us and walk with her dad.

It took a while for me to realize that Theo's arms still wrap nicely around me. "Theo..." "Hmm?" I poke his arms. "You still have your arms wrap around me..." I can feel his chin on my shoulder. "You don't like it?" "No, it's not like that. It's just..." We're not a real relationship right here. By real I mean we have the actual love. "Shailene, you're my fiancèe and soon to be wife. Yes, our relationship is not based on love but we still have to make it look like we're in love." "Including kissing me?" He suddenly unwrap his arms and turn me around so I can face him. He leans closer and stop just inches away from my face. He smirks. "Even that. And there will a lot more."

A lot more? What's that mean??

---

Told ya I will update soon hahahahahaha.

Soooo Theo is not being so cold right now. I wonder if he's still going to be like this or not...

I do like this new Theo who loves to tease and make a bad boy move to Shai but I kinda miss making him cold and jerk like he used to hahahahaha.

So anyway...

I mentioned that Shai is single on the previous chapter. So here is the proof.

I accidentally said it was from CQ 😂 My bad hehehe

So I don't have anything to say right now. I included No Money by Galantis because the song is awesome. Just imagine that Arietta is playing that song for her party.

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment anything you wanna say!

I'll see you soon on the next chapter!