Chapter Five

Shailene's POV

"You have lots of explanation to tell now! Why you didn't tell us that your fiancèe is a freaking greek god?" I almost spill the water from my mouth when Beth says that. I swallow the water very hard and take a deep breathe. "I already told you, he is a jerk! Don't you remember when I first met him?" "Yeah I know but... He is so hot and so handsome! Oh and his voice! Urgh... So deep, mysterious, but very seductive!" Beth keeps give Theo compliments while doing my hair. Yeah, I asked her to come to my house and help me preparing myself for tonight's party. Since I'm just okay with makeup and Beth is really good at it, I asked for her help. "Beth, please... Don't even think that he is handsome whatsoever." "Be careful on your words, Shai... Someday you will fall for him." I immediately turn my head to face her. How can she even said that? I am soooo not going to fall for him. "Fyi, I will never. Ever. Fall for that devil." "Hahahahaha we'll see about that. Now turn around, you already messed up my work." She continues to do her work. She's doing a natural and settle makeup, but still gives that pop of color. After she's done with the makeup, I change my shirt to the dress that Theo bought me earlier. With a finishing touch, I wear my black stiletto and a pair of diamond earrings. When I'm finally ready, I stand in front of Beth, who is reading one of my magazines on my bed. She looks at me and then cheering. "Oh my gosh Shai... You look totally awesome and pretty! You can totally breaks lots of hearts in that party!" I laugh and I sit next to her. "You think this is good enough?" She nods. I can see lots of excitments in her eyes. "Definitely! Even Theo will totally lays his eyes on you only!" I give her a small punch to her hand. "That is so not going to happen. Plus, we're not really in love." "Well, you know what they said. Sometimes the person you hate the most can be the person you love the most." I look at Beth and slowly take my pillow. I hit her with the pillow and she looks very surprised. She immediately takes another pillow. "Ohh, so you want to hit me with the pillow? Are you sure you want to ruin the hair and makeup?" She puts down the pillow again. "Sometimes, you really are annoying..." "But I'm your annoying best friend." She laughs and gives me a hug. At least there's someone that I can hug with right now without feeling like I'm only pretending.

Theo's POV

"Remember, be nice to her. She is your fiancèe right now." "Yes mom, I know. Okay, I'm hanging up okay?" "Okay, have a nice party you two." I hang up the phone and get out from my car. The Woodley's house is a combination of modern and vintage and the house is actually huge. I knock on the door and someone opens it. Now there is a lady standing in front of me. She's not really old but she kinda looks like that she's almost 40. "Good evening mam..." "Good evening to you too." She still has this weird confused look. "So, who are you looking for?" "I'm looking for Shailene. I'm going to take her to a party tonight." Then her face changes. "Ohh, so you're Shai's fiancèe! Yeah, Nina told me that Shai is engaged and tonight you guys will go together. Oh yeah, by the way, I'm Michelle, Shai's aunt." "Ohh very nice to meet you. I'm Theo." I shake hands with her. "Come, Theo. Just wait for a while. I'll call Shai." She takes me to the living room and I sit on the sofa. Mr. Woodley sure knows how to design a comfortable house. Then, I can hear somebody's walking in the living room. I turn around and Shailene is standing not too far from me. I open my eyes wider, looking at her. The dress really suits her, she has a simple makeup on her and she even wears stilettos. Somehow it turns me on. Wait, what's happening? I can't be turn on by her! I stand up and walk to her. "Ready to go?" She nods and we both go out to the party.

---

I'm not feeling really well actually for the past few days. I actually wanted to update last week but yeah, I wasn't feeling well. Even now, I'm still having a rest...

Thank you so much for reading this and I am so sorry that this update is so short. Feel free to comment and vote! Bye to you for now :)