Chapter Twenty Two

Shai's POV

Right now, I'm having a dinner with my family. The thought keeps coming to me. Is this going to work? Am I going to get through this or everything will change, eventually? I can't even concentrate on my food which is so not me. I live for food, everyone knows that.

"Shai, why aren't you eating your food? It's very weird you know..." I came back to reality when my mom talk to me. "You don't know, mom? Or you haven't noticed something?" I look at Ansel and try figuring out what's he's trying to say. "What do you mean?" My dad finally spoke. Ansel chuckles and take his drink. "It's pretty obvious actually. When someone is not being their usual self, they are thinking about something or someone."

Somehow, I think I know where this is going.

"And in Shai's case, she is thinking about..." "THEO!" I cough in surprise and immediately take my drink. I look at my dad who's covering his mouth, not believing what I just hear.

First, how can they assume that I'm thinking about Theo?

Second, the fact that my dad shouted in excitement when he responded to Ansel.

Third, my mom who is now laughing with Ansel.

Note to self: kill that little brother of mine after this.

My dad gives me an apology. "I'm sorry, cupcake... I guess I was just a little excited." I keep looking at my dad. "Don't mind your dad, sweetheart. He just saw the news so that's why he's a little excited." I turn my head to my mom. "What news?" "About you and Theo went out to the park together." "Or should I say, the little date." For the first time ever, I glare at my dad and once again, he covers his mouth. I immediately take my phone to search for this "news". I click on the first articel I found and I think I open my eyes wider.

 I click on the first articel I found and I think I open my eyes wider

Theo James and Fiancèe Went On A Date In Public for The First Time

You read that right! Theo James, the famous young CEO of Taptiklis Company, finally made his debut with his fiancèe in public for the first time ever!

As we all know, the paparazzi caught Theo went to some parties with a mysterious girl and even got them in "action" (if you know what we mean *wink*).

Several days ago, Theo posted a picture on his instagram of Shailene Woodley, the mysterious girl and officially introduced her as his fiancèe.

Recently, the couple was found all lovey dovey at the park. Eventually, the paparazzi managed to take some pictures and all we can say about the pictures is "awwww!!!"

We are so happy for this new it couple and we are so sure we'll see them more together in the future!

"It's kinda surprising that you don't even know your own news, sis." "Maybe because I don't really pay attention to those kind of things?" "Typical Shai," he said while he roll his eyes. I look at my parents and they're already smiling to me. "What?" I ask. "Nothing dear... Let's continue our dinner," says my mom.

From the way she talks and my dad's smile, there's something gonna happen. But, I'm not sure.

Theo's POV

"Theo."

I keep walking around my office.

"Theo."

How am I suppose to keep Shai away from Paul?

"Theo."

Kinda surprising that I actually call her "Shai" now. I don't know, there's just something I still can't figure it out.

"Theo!"

I turn around and Keiynan is looking at me with his mad face.

"For the love of God, stop. walking. around! I'm getting dizzy!" I rub my face. "I can't! I'm frustrated right now!" "You worry about Shailene?" There's a long pause after that.

Am I worry about Shai? Is this what I've been feeling about?

"I don't know... It's just that, I don't want Paul to do the same thing again..." Keiynan keeps listening. "I don't want him to get near Shailene... He can do some serious dangerous things to her." I take a breathe. "I want to keep her safe. After all, she's my fiancèe."

Suddenly, I hear Tears by Clean Bandit. Keiynan immediately pulls out his phone. "Hello?" He picks up the call. He talks for a while but his face changed from his casual face to a serious frown. "Okay, I'll tell him. Thank you." He hangs up and look at me. He sighs.

I have a bad feeling about this...

"Who's that?" "Mr. Sanjaya, one of this company's partner in Asia." "Oh yeah, I remember him. Is there something wrong?" He looks away. He taps his foot and play with his own fingers. "There is something wrong, isn't it?" "Ummm..." "Just tell me." He takes a deep breathe. "There's nothing wrong about the company but... it will be wrong for you." "What do you mean?" "You need to sign some papers for the company in Asia and he wants to discuss some projects with you. Oh, and there are some investors who want to talk to you." I nod. "I don't see anything wrong about it." He takes another deep breathe. "I'm not done yet... You need to go to Singapore to do it all." "What?!" "Mr. Sanjaya said that if it's only the papers to sign, you can come later. But because of the projects, you have to go. They need you to join their survey for the places, supplies, workers and other things. They're not brave enough to choose all those things by themselves. And, the investors want to meet you in person."

Shit.

Why is this happening at this point?

"I know right now you are worry about Paul and Shailene, but we can't ignore this one. The company needs it." I let myself fall on my chair. "When will we have to go?" "Tomorrow. First thing in the morning." "What?!" "I know! I was also surprised! He said that he already talked to your father and your father already booked the flight. We have to stay for a week in Singapore." I feel my jaw is dropping really low right now. "Oh my God..."

I can't believe I have to leave this soon while I'm having a big problem.

Wait.

That means I have to leave Shai while Paul is here. I can't keep her away from Paul for a week.

Fuck.

I pull out my phone and call her. It didn't take long for her to pick it up. "Hello?" "Can I go to your house now?" "Umm yeah, you can. Is there something wrong?" "I'll tell you when I get there. Wait, is it okay if I really come this late?" She chuckles. "Theo, it's only half past 6. It's not even late... Besides, I just finish having dinner with my family." "Okay, I'm going now. See you." "See you, Theo." I put my phone inside my pocket. "Keiy, I have to go now." "Okay. See you tomorrow morning." I rush myself to my car.

I have to meet Shai now.

---

Let's just say this chapter is a filler hahahahaha.

It actually feels good to finally update my story... I've been celebrating Eid with my Moslem family. My family is actually Christian but the family from my grandpa's side are Moslem.

For anyone who are Moslem, happy Eid Mubarak!

By the way, I am soooooo in love with Clean Bandit's new music video for Tears! It's just so good!

Thank you so much for reading this update! Feel free to comment and vote! I'll update again soon.