The beggining of a happy ending

When I woke up next, I was in my bed. Bill was next to my bed reading a book. He was obviously anxious, messing with the edges of the pages. I tried to sit up, which quickly got his attention and was immediately next to me, grabbing my arm and supporting my back.

"(Y/n), are you ok?" I looked into his electric blue eyes, which now held so much meaning. They were the eyes of my lover, a demon who devoted himself wholly to me, and waited for me to return in the house that we built. The house that held many festivities and parties, that we raised our daughter in, that we grieved the loss of my gruncles and our friends. I felt something hit my hand, and only then did I notice I was crying.

Bill cupped my cheek. "(Y/n)?" I smiled and touched the hand on my face. "I remember Bill. I remember you, and Celestia, and the house, and my family! I remember our love..." Bill smiled, then pulled me into a hug. I felt warm tears hitting my shoulder, but I held Bill tightly, letting him cry his fill. Then the door opened.

"Dad, I got the water you needed." Celestia came in, caring a tray with three glasses of water. She looked up, and quickly set down the tray. She stood awkwardly for a few moments, but I nodded, and she quickly joined the hug. We all sat like that for a moment, just wanting to be in each other's arms again. Then my stomach rumbled and ruined the moment.

Bill laughed, and Celestia and I soon followed. Bill got up. "Well (y/n), I'm sure you have a lot to process, so Celestia and I will go make dinner." I nodded, and soon they were out the door. I sighed, glad I remembered all of this, but at the same time, it was a little overwhelming. Remembering my gruncles and my friends. Even my awful siblings. But I was glad all the same.

I relaxed for another moment, but then heard a voice, low and gravelly. "Do you think she can see us now?"