Three Phoenix tears

I looked down at Bill, and He smiled at me. He gently patted the Phoenix. He whispered something to the bird, and the bird nodded. It screeched, then all the birds continued on. We followed them, and I tapped Bill's arm.

"What exactly do we need from this place love?" He smiled at me, pulling me closer to him. "We need three tears from the eldest Phoenix, who is waiting for her family to return to the nest. They are heading there now, so we may have an easy time getting them." I nodded and cuddled into him.

It didn't take long for us to get there, and in a giant nest made of rose gold straw sat an old Phoenix. She smiled at me, then turned to another Phoenix that whispered to her. She nodded, then turned to us.

"I can feel the aura of love around the two of you. It waxes strong and will continue to grow as you spend more time together. Step forward, (y/n), and come collect my tears."

Bill gave me a vial, and I stepped forward. A young Phoenix came towards me and lifted me up. I held the vital to the corner of the wider Phoenix's eye and three tears soon slid into it.

"Thank you so much." She nodded. "I just need one favor from you." I smiled at her, willing to do almost anything. "I am about to be reborn, and a Phoenix reborn in the presence of soulmates in love will be more powerful. So stay by me until I emerge from the ashes." I nodded my head and saw Bill sit in front of the nest, and I soon joined him.

We waited only fifteen minutes until the majestic bird above us burst into flames. We waited until the flames died down, then climbed into the nest. We looked around for only a moment until a tiny bird popped out of the ashes.

I gently picked it up, and it smiled at me. "Thank you, may you live a long and happy life."