The ghosts of family past

I looked up and saw two men. They seemed so familiar, yet I didn't recognize them. They both had brown hair, but one was dressed more sharply than the other, and they both seemed so familiar. I couldn't quite place it though.

"(Y/n), can you see us?" The second ghost said. He has a much smoother voice. I nodded, and both of them visibly relaxed. That's when clicked. "Gruncle Stan? Great uncle Ford?" The ghosts nodded, now obviously my gruncles are a younger part in their lives. I felt a smile crawling on my lips. "It's so good to see you again." They both came to my side, hugging me as much as they could. I leaned into their embrace, glad to have them back.

After another minute, Bill came back in and smiled at me. "So you gruncles are back." I nodded my head, and Bill plopped himself intent of me, laying his head in my lap. "What about Wendy ace Soos?" Gruncle Stan sighed. "They weren't quite ready, but should be here in about two weeks." I smiled, hand I was getting back a family I never knew I had.

We stayed like that for a moment more, just relaxing, enjoying each other's company. Then Celestia came barging in and flung herself on top of us. Bill groaned as he had gotten the brunt of the force. Celestia laughed. "Sorry daddy." Bill smiled and hugged her. This whole scene is one I never thought I'd get to enjoy, not since I lost, well, everything in my last year of high school.

It hurt to think about that, and there were still things  I needed to fix from that, and o knew I couldn't put it off much longer, but I put those thoughts away for now, just relaxing and enjoying the warmth all around me.