Home and potion brewing

I took a deep breath as we entered the portal home. I nervously bit my thumbnail, hearing gaps of shock, cheers of celebration, and the dragging in of a cauldron, but I was in my own world of worry and doubt.

I jumped as I felt Bill's hand on my shoulder. "Is everything alright love?" I took a deep breath and nodded, smiling at him. "Yeah, I'm just a little nervous." Bill hugged me, kissing the top of my head. "Don't worry love, we'll all be right beside you." I nodded my head taking a third deep breath. "Ok, let's get started then."

Bill led me up to the cauldron with the ingredients in hand. He filled it with water and put a fire beneath it. As we waited for it to boil, I looked up at Bill and kissed him on the cheek. "Hey Bill, could you promise me something?" He nodded his head, kissing my cheek in return. "Anything my love."

"If something goes wrong and I turn into something that isn't what we want, that isn't good, promise me you won't let me ever hurt anyone." Bill smiled at me sadly. "That won't happen love. But if it does, I promise." I smiled at him and took a deep breath, watching the now boiling water.

Jill came in and started adding the ingredients, reciting the incantation.

"Pythander flowers and opliqel seed. Limmfi blood and giant falcon feather. Phoenix tears and ghost blood. All these things combine to make love eternal. Love eternal between two people that they may never live without each other again. Life and love to show the way, grant us eternity on this day!" The liquid steamed and became a purpley pink color. Some of it was scooped into a bowl and given to me.

Bill placed his hands on top of mine. "Are you ready love?" I nodded my head and brought the bowl to my lips. It smelled metallic and sweet and tasted like fire earth. I drank the entire bowl, and then an enormous wave of pain came across me and I passed it almost immediately, feeling Bill catch me in his arms.