10 (i)

The dinner table was full of dishes but the most chirping boy was sitting silently, Anwar glared at him and gestured for Maryam to serve for herself to ignore Bilal. He looked at everyone and in the end left the dinner. 

"Billu" Hamdan called him but before he could respond.  "No need to beg him for dinner, if he wants to stay hungry then fine"  Anwar's scold echoed in the home. Bilal went to his room and locked himself. All the other members waste their time in the dining area as no one likes to have dinner in that situation including Anwar. 

"Suniye,  itna gussa mat kariye na, aapka BP high ho jayega" Maryam tried to handle the situation but...

(Don't be so angry,  your BP will shoot) 

"Maryam, It's already high, now you don't irritate me to make my condition worse" Anwar draw out the remaining anger on Maryam and place the glass on the table with a thud. Shifa leave the dining area and Anwar glared at her as he thought she was showing her anger in defence of Bilal.

"Papa I'll talk to Bilal, at least you don't be angry" Hamdan came forward as a responsible son. 

Maryam looked at Anwar with tear-filled eyes, before leaving the dining area, but not throwing a glare at Anwar. 

Yes, she was the same Maryam who shivered with Anwar's angry gaze,  back then. But Now she shows her anger too. Anwar felt guilty to become the reason for her tears, but also couldn't help himself. Maryam always becomes the prey of his anger. 

In the time being Shifa came back With the BP monitor and sat down beside Anwar. Holding his arm silently, she checked his BP and Hamdan gestured his wife to go to Maryam. 

"It's high" Shifa muttered and passed a pill to her father. 

"Papa, don't be angry" Hamdan repeat the same thing. "Come on, have food. I'm also not eating because of you"  Saying that in a friendly manner Hamdan served food on the plate. Shifa also served a genius amount of food in a plate and went to Maryam who was crying silently sitting with Mehvish.  

"Offo mummy,  aesa lag raha hai papa ne Aap ko pehli baar daanta hai, why are you overreacting?" Shifa tried to say something good but ended up with the most unfit phrase. 

(C'mon mummy you're not being scolded for the first time by papa) 

"Achha na bas ho gya ye rona dhona, jaldi se khana khaiye" She made a morsel but Maryam didn't have it. 

(Mummy now it's enough of crying, have food) 

"Mummy please na" Mehvish also demanded but Shifa glared at her with anger. 

"Bhabhi ye sab aapki wajah se ho raha hai"

(This is all happening because of you bhabhi)

"Mene kya Kara?" She asked with a dull face

(What I have done?) 

"Apni saas ke thode taane sun liya kariye, unka mood theek ho jayega lekin Aap to bilkul bekaar bahu hain. Ghar me saas bahu ka koi entertainment dekhne ko milta hi nhi hai" Mehvish laughed and looked at Maryam. 

(You should listen to some taunts if your mother-in-law,  she will feel better to draw out her anger on you, but such a useless daughter-in-law you're! There is no entertainment in our home) 

"Mummy there are still two days in going back, I'll try my best to be an ideal Daughter-in-law, cunning and clever. Fine?" Mehvish laughed as so Shifa, Maryam glared at both of them but laughed while cleaning her tears.

"Tum dono pitogi mere haath se"

(You both get a slap from my hand)

"Chalo Ji, ye to directly achhi saas se domestic violence karne wali saas ban gayi" Shifa smack her forehead dramatically making the other two laugh.