11.

Daniyal's POV

I was wondering if I did correct by not raising my voice against Shariq's behavior or not. Shifa was at the edge of crying out but I have to admit she is a strong girl. I respect her from the depth of my heart. She is one of the best girls I have met till now. She doesn't deserve a life partner like Shariq. Why is she agreeing to get married with him?

She is well education, self dependent, good looking, sensible but even after every quality she is ready to compromise for her future. Why?

She deserves best, if not the best, then at least much better than Shariq.

"Daniyal where are you going at this time?" Ammi asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know" With this statement I sat down beside her on the couch of living room.

"Aap Pareshan hain?" She asked and I simply shook my head.

(Are you worried?)

"Main puch nhi rhi, Bata rahi hu. Aap preshan hain. Bataiye kya baat hai?" This woman knows what's going on inside me. No matter how hard I try to be normal in front of her, she show her superpower to understand me. She never fail to amaze me with this talent.

(I'm not asking but telling you that you're worried. Tell me what's wrong)

"Ammi I'm upset for one of my colleagues"

"Why so?"

"She is getting married to a person who doesn't respect her. He has insulted her in front of everyone." Ammi was sad to hear about Shifa

"That's so sad. Ek aurat gareeb shohar ke Rath reh sakti hai lekin ese shohar ke sath nahi jo us ki izzat hi na kare." I sigh and removed my specs to clean them.

(A woman can live with a poor husband, but not with a husband who does not respect her.)

"Ammi believe me, I wanted to slap him so hard but..." I stopped and Ammi furrowed.

"Daniyal aap ko kab se itna gussa aane laga?"

(How did you start getting so angry, Daniyal?)

"Even I don't know" Mumbling that I rest my hand on her shoulder and she slowly pat my cheek.

"I'm proud of my son that he feels angry if a girl is being insulted in front of him, but you had to raise your voice Daniyal." I close my eyes and thought for a few minutes.

"Yeah Ammi... You're right. But I was concerned about her and I don't have an authority to take stand for her. My reaction could create more problems for her. That disgusting guy could question her character and I didn't want that." Ammi smiled Sadly but kissed my head.

"May Allah bless that girl and give her every happiness." I smiled and nodded while whispering "Aameen"

"Daniyal "

"Ji Ammi?" She slowly removed my head from her shoulder and I stood straight in front of her.

"Beta aap esa kabhi mat kriyega. Biwi na hi peyr ki juti hoti hai na sar ka taj, wo dil me rakhne ke liye hoti hai. Ghar me sukun aur khushiyan jab hi aati hain jab shohar aur biwi ke dil main ek dusre ke liye izzat aur Mohabbat hoti hai." I was silent on that lesson but she grabbed my hand

(Dear please you don't do anything like this ever. When there is respect and love for each other in the heart of husband and wife only when they get happiness in their lives.)

"Daniyal, aap samajh gaye na?" I smiled and rolled my eyes "Your all lessons end at me and my marriage."

(Daniyal, got it?)