37.

==========
Continuing...
==========

"Show me," Maryam held Shifa's hand and looked at her face, the dullness of her cheeks and tears in her eyes were screaming about her pain... But which pain? Physical pain because of those thorns or the heartache?

Maryam and Mrs Kazmi started to examine her palm but Anwar was more interested in another question. "Why do you want to delay the wedding?" His voice echoed in the room attracting everyone's attention. Mrs Kazmi and Maryam also looked at her face to know the answer and Shifa controlled herself to show more tears.

"I've received an email just now regarding our practical dates. It's on 27th and 28th." Shifa told a half-truth. That's true, their wedding was on 27th and the practical date was announced as the same as well as very next morning but deep down she wanted to get some time to gulp down the reality regarding Daniyal's feelings. She couldn't blame Daniyal too, as he already cleared everything from his end, it was only her fault to fall for him but it's not a fault too... Who would not fall for a man who stays beside other in every situation?

"That's a matter of concern." Anwar muttered and Mrs Kazmi nod her head.

"You go and change your clothes... We'll think about it." Maryam told Shifa in her polite tone, who stood up without wasting time as she need some space. Bit before going to the her room she throw the rose in the bin. Mrs Kazmi was a bit surprised, if that rose was given by Daniyal then throwing that away wasn't a good deed.

"Maryam," Mrs Kazmi call her in a hushed tone.

"Ji?"

"Mujhe aesa kyu lag rha hai ki in aasuo ki wajah is gulaab ke kaate nahi hain." Said Mrs Kazmi in a hushed tone and Maryam nodded.

(Why do I feel that these thorns aren't the reason behind her tears?)

"Mujhe bhi aesa hi lag raha hai."

(I'm feeling the same)

Both the ladies were concerned about Shifa but Anwar was thinking only about her practical and wedding dates. He was already afraid of the same problem. Shifa's education and her independence was his first priority.

<><><><>

Dear Diary,

Today, I wanted to confess that I feel happy after talking to him. I wanted to let him know that he holds a special place in my life. I wanted him to be aware of my opinion about him, I admire him and like to hear from him, I wanted to inform him of everything but what I heard. His past! He doesn't have space for anyone other than his first love! Why always with me? Why? Is it my heart or a toy? First, Faraz and now Deni...
I can't understand why life tests me in this way. I can't imagine my life with Deni in this situation. Earlier I was fine with the fact that he can't love me but not now. I'm feeling insecure. What will happen if he'll loses his interest in me with passing time? Love is like a rope which ties two individuals, but what will happen when there will be no love in our relationship? I am afraid of such relationships that are nothing but a burden. I don't want to live as a burden. I'll be fine if there will be no more in between us, but I can't live if he'll treat me like a worthless item of his life.

Will my life turn into a mess after getting married to Deni?
I'm afraid now. But it's too late, sooner or later I'll have to tie myself into this loveless relationship.

_Shifa.

Closing the diary she spread her arm on the table and rest her head over it. Thick tears dropped out of her eyes but soon she closed them. Silent of the room was not providing her peace like always, but that silence also didn't live for long. Her ringing mobile phone forced her to open her eyes.