14.

Daniyal's POV:

A new day with new hopes, new ideas but old memories and old routine. I'm kinda bored with this RJ job, getting ready every day to go to the radio station, sitting in the same chair to speak whatever comes to my mind. Is this a job? I wanted to change my schedule. I wanted to do something which will make me feel better.

'Uncertainty' is my most loved job, unfortunately, my parents have a problem with it...

"Daniyal breakfast is turning cold."

"Coming Ammi..." I yelled while fastening the buttons of my black shirt, and suddenly a thought strikes me. Has Shifa convinced her parents or not? I wanted to call her and ask about it but stopped myself. I would have to wait till evening. With these thoughts, I walked to the dining area and took the newspaper from Baba's hand while taking my usual seat.

"Daniyal ye kya badtamizi hai beta? Aap har roz apne baba ke hath se newspaper chhen lete hain..." Ammi scolded me but I smiled and ignore them. Glancing at the business news I picked up a piece of Apple from Ammi's plate.

(Daniyal what is this? Why do you snatch the newspaper from your dad's hand every day?)

"Daniyal Ab to bade ho jaiye," Ammi instructed me, it's been my habit since childhood. I eat from Ammi's plate instead of serving for myself.

(Daniyal, at least grow up now.)

"Ammi aur bada ho gya to budha ho jaunga." I chuckled but got a glare in return from my parents.

(Ammi I'll turn grey-headed if, I'll be growing up even more)

"Aapki Ammi Bata rahi thi koi ladki pasand hai aap ko?" Baba asked and I put down the newspaper.

(Your mother was telling that you like a girl)

"Oh really? Ammi, you didn't tell me which girl I do like?" I asked playfully, that's the only way to avoid and divert this topic.

"Daniyal." She glared at me. "Ammi..." copying the way I glared her back in the same playful manner.

"Daniyal, be serious and tell me, are you interested in any girl or not?" Baba asked seriously and I shook my head.

"Baba, I am not interested in any girl. Please stop repeating this topic and question. This is my sincere request." Saying that I picked up the cup of tea and Baba hummed with a nod.

"okay. We won't ask you about that girl." He muttered and I smiled. Thankfully, Baba understood me.

"Khatija"

"Ji Kazmi Sahab," Ammi passed an apple to Baba with this response and my heart gave a painful beat.

This is how Ammi addresses Baba, I just love this way of hers, and I wanted Adeena to address me in the same way, but this wish of mine turned into my most painful wish. Whenever Ammi calls Baba like this my heart clenches with pain.

"Daniyal where are you lost?" I looked at my mother who was shaking my shoulder to grab a small amount of my attention.

"Yeah Ammi?"

"Your Baba is saying something." I looked at Baba and nodded.

"Since You're not interested in any other girl, I'm calling Mirha's parents for her proposal." My heart stops beating. Mirha? Really? What was my crime for that I was going to get a punishment in the form of Mirha?

"Baba... Please. Don't even think about Mirha." I declared clearly but I was quite shocked to hear the reply from my Ammi. "Fine, If you're not introducing me to that girl and you don't want to get married to Mirha then I'll find out a girl by myself."