38.

Clad in the yellow silk suit she was sitting on the couch when a call indicated her to reach the corner of that well-decorated room. "Afifa Aapi, give this to Shifa aapi... I'm going now." Bilal hurriedly passed her the floral bracelets and some more flowers and in no time he ran back. For the first time, the little twenty-four years old boy was doing some work without anyone's instructions.

Afifa stepped toward Shifa's room but she was encountered with a face which was uninviting to her. "Woh... What a scene... One fragile flower is holding so many flowers"

"Shariq, stay within your limits... I'll smack your face with my heels right in front of everyone... I'm not Shifa." She grits her teeth.

"That's what I already know very well. You're not like that Shifa, that's why I like you Afifa." Shariq took a step ahead and Afifa's heart skipped a beat. No matter how bold and courageous she but was while encountering such a situation she was unable to hold her heart which started beating fast. "Make these flowers more beautiful by putting them in your hair." He almost whisper near her ear and stepped out ahead. Afifa was shocked, her heart was working faster and her brain stopped working. Taking a deep breath she stepped towards the room where her friend was sitting on the bed clad in a yellow and green delicate suit but unlike the usual bride, she was holding books in her hand instead of thinking about grooming herself.

"Shifa, flowers for you." she put the flowers on the dressing table Afifa sat down beside her best friend. "What's wrong with you?" Shifa asked after reading the pale face of her friend, but this girl decided to hide everything so that bride wouldn't be angry or stressed.

"Nothing."

"Afifa, I know you very well, if you're silent in this manner then something is not well." Shifa put her books down and Afifa picked the flowers in a hurry.

"Come here, let me tie your hair." Saying that Afifa gestured Shifa to sit on the chair which was present in front of the mirror. Shifa understood by then that there was something fishy but what? She doesn't understand.

Lost in herself somehow Afifa managed to decorate her friend's hair with those flowers as well as made her wear the floral jewellery, Shifa was looking extremely beautiful in light makeup and red flowers.

"Affo, now you sit here." Shifa held her hand and made her sit on the chair, at first afifa was confused but Soon Shifa started undoing her bun. "What are you doing Shifa?" She asked; surprised. But Shifa decided to stay silent and let her action show up the result. After the struggle of some twenty minutes, she converted Afifa's hair into a beautiful side braid with a white flower in every alternate knot. Afifa was stunned, she didn't want to show it in front of Shariq to give him a false hint that she was interested in what he was trying to do but sometimes things don't go accordingly.

Both the girls were looking pretty but it seems the smile was offended by their lips. Both of them were awarded something was wrong with their friend but didn't know what. "Why aren't you looking happy?" After all, Afifa raised a question which directly hit Shifa's heart. "I'm happy." She told an untruth as if she could hide her emotions from her best friend.

"You're not. Tell me." Afifa asserted which forced Shifa to put her heart out. She told everything about what Daniyal was talking to David. Afifa was kinda shocked to know that.

"Afifa I love him...'' Shifa muttered, "but he can't love me back... Why this is happening to me?" Tears tried to conquer her beautiful Brown eyes but this girl has been practising controlling them for many years so somehow she managed to gulp them back. Afifa holds her hands in an assuring way and gives a tight hug.

"Shifa, this time you're lucky enough to get whom you love." She and broke the hug. "Love is not important in a relationship but respect and support, and jiju does both." Afifa was saying when Shifa's ringing mobile disturbed the peace of the room. It was Daniyal's call.