86.

She was on the terrace when listened to the footsteps coming upstairs and soon Maryam came near her.

"I'm going back." She said and kissed her forehead but Shifa took a step back with frustration and anger.

"Mumma why you come here to tell everyone about..."

"What's the reason behind hiding it? And for how long will you hide your pregnancy?" This time Maryam furrowed but Shifa was answerless. She didn't know the reason but she just didn't want to share this news with anyone. "Whatever, but you shouldn't tell anyone when I stopped you." She was frustrated but Maryam didn't like the behaviour of her daughter.

"Shifa be mindful before taking actions. What would happen if your in-laws get to know that you're intentionally not telling them about this news?"

"Mumma, I haven't forgiven Daniyal Kazmi yet. And I won't ever forgive him, that's why I didn't want to share the news with anyone." Shifa was angry but this time Maryam was looking much more furious than her.

"Shifa ab bas bohot ho gya, rishte nibhane ke liye kuch cheezon ko nazarandaaz bhi karna padta hai." Maryam's voice was strict but Shifa furrowed.

(It's more than enough Shifa. Some things need to be ignored to maintain relationships.)

"Main hi kyu nazarandaaz karu? Aap bhul gyi kya, unhone to mujhe nazarandaaz kar diya tha." Shifa said in a loud voice and walked to the wall of the terrace, she was again angry but not more than Maryam.

(Why only I ignore? Have you forgotten, he ignored me.)

"Sab ke saamne tumse thappad kha ke bhi wo tumhare aage peeche ghum raha hai, ise kehte hain nazarandaaz karna... Jab insaan ko koi neymat mil jaati hai to wo na-shukra ho jata hai, tum unhi insaano mein se ho. Itna achha shohor aur itna achha sasural mila hai lekin tumhare drame hi khatam nhi ho rhe. Maan liya na usne ki us se galti ho gyi to bas maaf kar do." Holding her breath Shifa was only seeing her mother who was showing her reality.

(After getting a slap from his wife in front of everyone he's still roaming around you, this is called forgetting. Some humans become ungrateful after getting blessings, you're one of them. You've get such a nice husband and in-laws, stop this drama. He admitted his mistake, just forgive him.)

"Agar yahi galti mujhse hui hoti to wo kya mujhe itni asaani se maaf kar dete?" Shifa gained back her confidence and asked with another level of rage but Maryam again glared at her.

(Would he forgive me so easily if I were at his place?)

"Kya hota kya nhi is baat par tum jinta over-react kar rhi ho na apna achha khasa rishta barbaad kar ke beth jana. Behtar hoga agar tum us par dhyan do jo ho rha hai. Aur agar ye baat sochni hai ki kya hota kya nhi to ye bhi ho sakta tha ki Daniyal tumhari peeth peeche us aurat se rishta jood leta, tumhe dhoka deta rehta... Ya phir tumhe apni zindagi se nikal deta kabhi wapas is ghar me na laata. Lekin usne aesa kuch nhi kiya, wo apni mohabbat har tarha se zahir kar rha hai... Lekin tumne apne dimaag me ek alag hi duniya bana li hai jisme tum mazloom aur Daniyal zalim hai. Uski ek galti ke aage tum uski har achhai ko bhul gyi?" Shifa had nothing to say in reply, she was only seeing her mother and listening to her silently.

(I'm afraid you'll ruin your beautiful relationship because of what would happen and what not! It would be better if you focus on what's happening right now! And if you want to focus on what could happen then think about a situation, what would happen if Daniyal gets married to that woman secretly? What if he would be cheating on you? What if he never brings you back to this home? But he didn't do anything like this! He's showing and expressing his love in every possible way but you've created a different world in your mind in which you're the victim and Daniyal is an oppressor. You forgot his every goodness in front of his one mistake!?)