79.

"Shifa, let's go back home." Daniyal stood in front of her, holding his hand toward her. She kept staring at him for more than a minute but didn't hold his hand.

"Your home is waiting for you, Shifa." He smiled and grabbed Shifa's hand. Feeling the warmth of his skin against her hand Shifa's heart started forgetting everything, she looked at Maryam who nodded like permitting her to go back but Anwar's face was showing another level of anger and rudeness.

"Leave my daughter's hand right now." Anwar roared, and Daniyal took a step back so as Shifa.

"Suniye, Let her go with Daniyal." Slowly placing her hand on Anwar's arm Maryam said in almost whisper but he shook his head.

"Papa, your daughter is my wife too," Daniyal's voice wasn't as confident as usual, he was sounding guilty but not ready to leave Shifa here. 

"You should keep it in your mind that she's your wife, you shouldn't have given preference to another woman over her. I'm not sending her back with you. Get lost from here." Anwar grabbed Daniyal's hand while dragging him to the main door. "I won't let you do this papa, she's my wife."

"Shifa is already going to send you divorce notice." Anwar's voice gave a big jolt to Daniyal's heart. Walking towards the door Shifa saw Daniyal with tearfilled eyes.

A thunderclap brightens up the dark sky of night, but that thunder directly attack on two hearts. "Deni." Shifa's eyes drop a tear but Daniyal couldn't help himself. He wasn't able to tolerate more insult from his father-in-law.

"I'm going but I'll come back," Shifa saw Daniyal, he just took his left leg out from the doorstep and a loud sound of thunderclap scared Shifa. It seems lightning struck somewhere. It was raining heavily just like a cloud burst. She kept watching Daniyal going towards his car. In covering only a few steps distance he was drenched completely. She was seeing him without averting her eyes and suddenly her heart felt a little fear or an unknown pain... Something was wrong, really wrong. Some part of her wanted to stop Daniyal to hop in that car, but she was unable to understand why? He gave a painful smile and hopped in the car.

Shifa glanced at the Clock which was showing 11 of the night then looked at her husband who was still seeing her while starting the car. In no time the black car hit the road and disappeared from her eyes. Daniyal wasn't a person who likes to roam on roads at night but tonight he did not want to go home because his house wasn't peacefully without someone... Someone who was somewhere else. 

For the next few hours Shifa was tossing in her bed and suddenly her mobile rang. It was Mrs Kazmi's call. "Hello Ammi, are you fine?" She received the call with this sentence as it unusual for anyone to call at this time.

"Shifa beta..." Mrs Kazmi was crying

"Ammi, why are you crying? How is baba?"

"Daniyal's car met an accident, he's in coma..."

"Deniiii," she yelled and her eyes snapped open with a madly beating heart.

"Ya allah." Placing her hand on her heart she felt her heartbeat, it was running more than marathon. Forehead covered with sweat and breath uneven. "Main adhi pagal to ho hi chuki hu ye nightmares mujhe pura pagal kar denge." Mumbling that she grabbed the bottle of water from her nightstand but it was empty.

(I'm already half mad and these nightmares will fill the remaining share for sure.)

"Qismat hi kharab hai." Feeling angry on Daniyal she cursed the only thing she got in front of her eyes. The empty bottle. Daniyal was not about to come, she was sure! And somewhere this thing was pinching her, she was unable to draw out her anger at anything. But she wasn't only angry with Daniyal, but because of an unpleasant day too.