50.

A dreamy smile was not leaving his lips and his eyes were fixed on the mobile screen where he could see her even in her absence. Even after trying to control them many times, he was unable to control his craving to listen to her voice and finally his thumbs refused to obey his brain's commands as his heart took over the control, and dialled her number.

"Hello." it was a hushed answer which brought a big grin to his dull face. "How are you?" He asked, his voice packed with emotions and unexpressed love.

"I'm attending a lecture. Talk to you later." Whispering that she hung up the call without knowing what she had done with his heart. Glancing at the screen he sighed while pushing his mobile into his pocket and relaxed his body.

"Why are you home? Don't have to go office?" Came his mother from her bedroom with this question and he shook his head while closing his eyes. "There is no important work in the office, so..." And preferred to leave the sentence in between, lazily.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you angry?" He asked while glancing at his mother and then again shutting his eyes, but that lady was turning red with an unknown jealousy that she was holding for the last two and a half decades.

"Your father has lost his mind, he's choosing such low-grade girls... How could he even think of her? Is she even considerable for marriage?" Said the venomous lady with full of anger

"Kyaa...?? Papa dursi shadi kar rahe hain? Mana aapne unhe bohot preshan kar rakha hai phir bhi is umar mein..." He forgot his laziness and sat straight with a jolt, well his mother's face was sightable.

(What? Papa is doing second marriage? I agree you're a troublemaker still... at this age??)

"Tum dono baap beto ne mera khoon jalane ki qasam khaa rakhi hai kya?" It was an outrageous outburst of Rani which confuses Shariq for a moment but the very next moment his mother cleared the situation which brought a big grin to his face. "Tumhari shadi ki baat chal rhi hai, wo Afifa hai na... Use pasand kra hai tumhare papa ne... Pehle Shifa ab Afifa... Saari achhi ladkiyan mar gyi hain kya?"

(Have both of you father and sons vowed to make my blood boil?)

(We're discussing about your marriage, and your Papa has selected Afifa. Earlier he had chosen Shifa and now Afifa... Isn't any nice girl available?)

"Now what's wrong in Afifa?" Shariq inquired, his tone holding irritation which wasn't hidden from his mother.

"Ye Afifa ka naam aate hi tumhe kya hua?"

(Why are you giv8ng this reaction for Afifa?)

"Mujhe kya hona hai? Main to bas puchh rha hu Afifa mein kya burayi hai?"

(I'm just asking what are the flaws in Afifa?)

"Buryi ko chhodo... Achhai hi kya hai usme? Jesi uski dost hai wese wo khud bhi hogi." Rani huffed, her face were showing a red tint which was clearly indicating how much hatred she was holding for Shifa as well as her friend.

(Flaws comes following the qualities however she doesn't have any good qualities. She must be like her bestie)

"Agar Afifa apni dost ki tarha hai to aapko kya preshani hai? Asal mein to use aapse preshani honi chahiye." Shariq rolled his eyes while jerking his head and stood up from his place while grabbing the bike keys.

(If Afifa is truly like her friend then not you but she'll have issues with you.)

"Kya Matlab? Kehna kya chahte ho?" Now Rani was looking red due to the volcano of anger activating in her.