Hunter's Moon

A Halloween one shot coming a little late. Sorry for not being very active I've been super crazy busy! Hope you guys enjoy!!

"Derek, don't be late to the Halloween party tonight, it starts at 9," Talia reminded him before he left for school.

"I have plans tonight mom," Derek replied. He grabbed and apple from the fruit bowl and his water bottle from the counter.

"You what?" Talia blocked the way to the front door.

"I have plans mom, I just can't go this year," Derek sighed. "Can I got to school now?"

"We do this Halloween party every year Derek, it's a Hale tradition," Talia told him.

Derek looked at his phone to check the time. There was no way he was making it in time to see Stiles before homeroom and if he didn't leave in the next few minutes he wouldn't make it to homeroom at all. He also had two missed text for Stiles. "I'm sorry mom, but I just don't want to do it this year I have other plans. I'm 17, I've never spent a Halloween on my own, I didn't think it was that big of a deal."

"It is that big of a deal Derek," Talia huffed. She stayed firm blocking his exist.

"I can't cancel my plans now, I'm sorry I will just have to miss Halloween this year." Derek was also staying firm. He was gripping his apple a little too hard and it was now probably bruised.

"Its the full moon tonight Derek-" Talia began.

Derek pushed past and started toward the front door, grabbing his keys on the way. "And I haven't lost control during a full moon since I was 8."

"Derek Hale as your alpha I forbid you from going out tonight. You go to school and you come right back. You will go to the Halloween party because it is a Hale pack tradition and you will wear a costume and participate in all the games."

Derek groaned and slammed the door as he left. Not even bothering to answer.

~~~~

"You were late Der," Stiles pouted as he saw Derek in-between first and second period.

"I'm sorry babe." Derek kissed him hello. "My mom was on my back all morning about the Hale Halloween party."

Stiles face shifted to one of concern. "Are you okay Der?"

Derek smiled softly, "its all good Sti, she's just bugging me about not going tonight."

"We could stop by if you wanted to, or if you have to cancel." Stiles looked down at his shoes and didn't know what else to say.

"Hey." Derek lifted Stiles chin with his finger. "I'll sneak out tonight. I am spending all night with you."

"Promise?"

"Promise." Derek kissed him one last time and headed off to his class. "Ill see you at lunch babe."

"See you then."

~~~~

Derek didn't bother to say hello to his mother when he came home. He just went straight up to his room.

"What crawled up his ass?" Laura mumbled under her breath.

Talia sighed as she cut up some apples for the party in a few hours. "He wanted to go out tonight, I told him he has to go to the party."

Laura grabbed one of the apples of of the tray and took a bite out of it. "Whats the big deal? Derek has spent the past 16 halloweens at the Hale Halloween party, I don't blame him for wanting to spend one alone."

Talia slammed the knife down on the next apple. "We will spend Halloween together like we do every year. In costumes, bobbing for apples, playing pin the tail of the werewolf and all the other fun things we do."