Toxic

The whole pack saw the moment Derek met stiles. They all went for coffee one morning as a sort of bonding ritual. Stiles was working the cashier when they ordered.

Derek's eyes met stiles and it was like a hungry lion looking at a fragile little deer.

"My named Derek," he said with a wolfish grin as he slid his black card towards stiles to pay.

Stiles blushed and shuddered his next words. "Stiles. That's my name."

"What a beautiful name," Derek complimented. "For a even more beautiful boy."

Stiles blushed even deeper and fumbled with Derek's card as he tried to swipe it. He then turned around as ran into his coworker before starting on their drinks.

The whole thing was like a train wreck, yet no one could look away. The pack knew one thing for certain, if Derek gets his way he'll eat poor innocent stiles alive.

~~~~

No one quite knows how but stiles and Derek became best friends, platonic best friends. Stiles was funny and lovable, so it was easy for everyone to quickly grow attached to him. It was all shocking to them when Derek ended up his friend and not something more.

When they first met Stiles had a boyfriend, Jake, who somehow decided to leave town a week later. It didn't take stiles too long to get over him and be ready for the next one, who everyone expected to be Derek. Spoiler alert: it wasn't, and nor was the next one or the one after that. 8 months later and it still wasn't Derek.

Stiles knew the pack were wolves and he knew that Derek was protective over his pack. That meant he never questioned it when Derek said a guy wasn't good enough for stiles, or dangerous in some way, and stiles dumped them right away (at least the ones that didn't somehow go missing).

"Der bear," stiles singsonged as he entered the hale house.

"Yes stiles," Derek smiled as he saw him walked in.

"I was asked out in a date today," stiles told him.

Derek raised an eyebrow unimpressed.

"Before you say no, you have to approve of him, he's pack," stiles smirked like he had just won the lottery.

"Who?" Derek's question was more of a grunt.

"Theo," stiles smiled. "He wants to take me out to dinner tonight."

"Theos not pack anymore," Derek growled as the glass in his hand shattered on the floor.

"What happened?" Stiles asked curiously as he rushed to help Derek with the glass.

"He tried to take something of mine," Derek told him. "No one steals from me."

Stiles nodded. "I'll call him and tell him it's off."

"Don't bother." Derek let stiles gently pick the glass out of his hand and dab the blood away with a napkin. "I'll deal with him."

Stiles nodded and didn't question Derek. After all this was pack business.

"Why don't I take you out to dinner stiles, to make up for it?" Derek asked gently.

Stiles smiled and nodded. "Should we invite anyone else?"

Derek shook his head. "They have pack training to do tonight." Or at least they did now. "It'll be just the two of us."

"That sounds wonderful Der." stiles kissed Derek's hurt hand to make it better, as needless as it was since it was already healed, but Derek appreciated it.