I want to be your mate

(Stiles figures out about mates....and that wolves can't mate with humans)

"Hey love" Derek crawled into stiles window. The smell of sadness waved off of stiles. "Baby what's wrong?" Derek asked and he began to take off his jeans, to change into pyjamas that he leaves at stiles house.

"I think you need to go" stiles voice cracked.

"Stiles" Derek redid his belt.

"We need to see other people" stiles told him, he kept his face buried in his pillow.

"Stiles please talk to me" Derek whined, his wolf was in pain.

"I'm breaking up with you Derek. Please leave me alone" stiles turned around, his face stained with tears. His eyes were puffy and red.

"Stiles I love you" Derek walked towards the window.

"I love you" stiles echoed.

~~~~

It's been a week and Scott and Isaac checked on Derek.

"What are you doing here? I cancelled all the pack meetings" Derek groaned as he flipped over in his bed.

"Why are you so heartbroken?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, stiles is the one who is hurting" Isaac said.

"Stiles broke up with me" Derek rolled his eyes.

"We knew that, so why are you pouting?" Isaac crossed his arms.

"He broke my heart" Derek held onto a pillow that was covered in one of stiles shirt. The whole room smelt of stiles. Derek even wore a pair of stiles boxers and one of stiles shirts.

"Why are you so upset? Stiles is the one with the broken heart" Scott huffed.

"He dumped me" Derek chucked a pillow at the two.

"Yes, because he found out about mates" Isaac stomped his foot like a five year old.

"What?" Derek sat up quickly.

"Ask him about it" Scott shrugged.

~~~~

"Sti" Derek crawled in stiles window.

"What do you want? To break my heart more" stiles screamed.

"Stiles, why did you break up with me?" Derek sat at the bottom of stiles bed.

"Because you were using me. I love you Derek and you are going to find your mate one day. I don't want you to leave me when you do. At least now I have time to heal before I see you fucking someone else" stiles spat.

"Who told you about mates?" Derek asked.

"Jackson, he said every wolf has one and they can't be human" stiles backed away from Derek.

"I love you stiles, I love you so god damn much. I'm sorry I gave you any reason to doubt that. You are my mate stiles. Your dad was supposed to tell you, your mom was a spark and you will get your powers on your eighteenth birthday" Derek cupped stiles face.

"Really! So like you want to be with me?" Stiles face lit up.

"Yes stiles" Derek kissed him gently.

"I love you so much" stiles told him.

"I love you too mate" Derek stripped down and joined stiles in his bed.