You broke my heart

(The pack makes an assumption about their alpha that breaks stiles heart)

"Who you texting Der?" Erica asked as she leaned over the couch, creeping on Derek's phone.

"No one" Derek growled, covering his phone.

"A woman. Emi?" Erica snatched the phone.

"Give it back" Derek's eyes flashed.

"Let's meet tonight. I love it. It's perfect...and a photo of a ring. Damn Derek" Erica read some of the text. Derek stood up and grabbed the phone. He sulked back to his room.

~~~~

"So Derek anything new" Lydia hinted.

"No" Derek growled.

"Erica told me everything" Lydia sung in his ear.

"There's nothing to tell" Derek huffed.

"Derek's been dating a girl. It explains why he always on his phone with someone then makes a crappy excuse to leave, stays out all night and comes back smelling like sex. I caught them texting, they are meeting up tonight" Erica announced.

"YOU FUCKING BASTARD" stiles stood up. He ripped the necklace off his neck. "I CANT BELIEVE YOU. FUCK YOU. WERE DONE I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE AGAIN" stiles screamed.

"No please" Derek's eyes flashed red. He lost control of his wolf. "Why would you say that?" Derek's voice was not his own, but the one of his wolf.

"Fuck you hale, I can't believe I ever wanted your last name" tears fell down stiles face as he ran out.

"Stiles" Derek called as he began to chase after him.

"Derek wait, what's going on?" Scott asked.

"You just told my fiancé I was cheating on him. Which I'm not" Derek growled.

"You and stiles aren't dating" Erica laughed.

"We aren't, we're engaged" Derek clenched his jaw.

"How didn't you know?" Isaac looked at the pack. "Stiles is always here, they are always cuddling and flirting and laughing. It's disgusting" Isaac rolled his eyes.

"We've never seen you guys kiss" Lydia said.

"Stiles doesn't like pda" Derek crossed his arms.

"Why haven't you announced the engagement yet?" Scott pipped up.

"Noah gave us his blessing if we announced it after stiles graduation. He wanted to focus on that first" Derek explained. "Can I go now?"

"Who's emi then?" Erica asked.

"Cora's friend, she's helping me plan a trip to Fiji for stiles birthday" Derek slammed the door shut as he left. The pack, mostly Erica and Lydia, felt pretty guilty to see the pain they caused.

~~~~

"Sti" Derek crawled in the window. "I didn't cheat on you" Derek told him.

"I know you wouldn't but you've been lying so much lately and it makes so much sense" stiles sighed.

"What makes sense sti?" Derek asked.

"Why would you want to marry me? There are so many other people out there, better people" stiles squeezed his pillow.

"I only want you sti, I only want my mate" Derek sat on the edge on stiles bed. "Erica caught me texting emi" Derek began.

"Cora's friend?" Stiles raised a brow.

"Yes, she was helping plan a surprise trip for you, for your birthday. I go out to see her then come to your house every night. That's why they smelt the sex. If I was truly cheating I would cover the scent, but I don't. You're my mate and I'm proud to have that smell" Derek stroked stiles arm.

"Why wouldn't they just tell me instead of announcing it to the pack?" Stiles leaned into Derek's touch.

"The idiots didn't know we were dating" stiles began to laugh.

"Oh you aren't kidding" stiles squirmed closer to Derek.

"No love. We have a pack full of idiots" Derek kissed stiles forehead. He slipped the necklace over stiles neck.

"We good?" Derek asked. Stiles nodded. Derek let out a sigh of relief. "Thank god" Derek kissed him all over.

"Derek" stiles giggled.

"Can't I show my fiancé that I love him?" Derek pouted slightly.

"Yes" stiles kissed the pout off his lips. Derek smiled and held stiles close and spent the night together.

~~~~

Three years later, Derek and stiles were happily married. Stiles had a stable job with the police department and Derek had a job at hale Corp.