Wolves mate for...

(Stiles is an alpha werewolf and Derek is human. They are roommates. Derek is stiles mate but Derek doesn't know, Derek likes stiles but stiles doesn't know. Stiles goes through something called heat, it happens once you find your mate and it ends once you mate with them. It's the wolf pushing them to mate. Important to know. Stiles is a born wolf and doesn't understand things like casual fucks or one night stands)

"Derek I'm ho-" stiles stopped as he saw Derek and a girl making out on the couch, Derek's shirt was off and so was the girls. "I'm sorry" stiles turned around and ran out.

His heart broke and so did his wolf, he just saw his mate about to fuck some girl. His mate was going to love someone else, marry someone else. Stiles drove to his dads house. The sheriff would be working all the night shift for the next few days to avoid stiles heat. Stiles heat got ugly, he would beg his father to let him out and threaten him. The sheriff felt it was best if the house was empty and no one could hear him.

Stiles arrived at his house about thirty minutes later, he slightly drove over the speed limit and ignored stop signs. He cannot be blamed, his heart is broken and he can feel his heat itching in faster than usual.

~~~~

"Stiles you ran off" Derek walked into the Stilinski house.

"Yes and..." stiles grumbled.

"Well I just, Jennifer was a one night stand thing it won't happen again" Derek told him.

"Don't you love her?" Stiles asked. Derek scoffed in response. "Then why would you have sex with her?" Stiles looked confused.

"It was a one night stand" Derek repeated himself.

"What's that?" Stiles took a bite of his apple.

"You don't know...its when you hook up with someone just for the night" Derek replied.

"You sleep with people you don't love" stiles looked in awe.

"Have you not?" Derek questioned.

"Nope. Wolves mate for life, you get one mate" stiles responded.

"Have you found your mate?" Derek asked. Stiles nodded timidly.

"Do I know them?" Derek looked hopeful.

"Don't be a jerk" stiles spat.

"What?" Derek asked confused.

"You're my mate, is that what you want to hear. You're my mate and I walked in on you fucking some girl" stiles looked heartbroken.

"I didn't have sex with her, she left half way through because I moaned your name. I pretended she was you stiles" Derek confessed.

"Why didn't you just tell me you liked me?" Stiles looked at him.

"Why didn't you tell me I was your mate" Derek backfired his question.

"It's not that simple. If you rejected me..." stiles trailed out.

"What would happen stiles?" Derek's voice had some edge to it.

"My wolf would grieve itself to death, then I would die" stiles mumbled and Derek barely caught on to what he was saying.

"Wouldn't your wolf grieve without its mate?" Derek asked.

"It does, in someways worse than death. Which reminds me you should go" Stiles told him.

"Wait why?" Derek asked. Stiles waved him off and headed to the basement, Derek followed him.

"You really should leave" stiles felt the itch of his heat hitting him.