Part of your world

I would like to quickly thank everyone who has read and voted for these stories. This means so much to me. I never planned on posting these because I thought no one would actually read them, but now there's almost 12k reads. Thank you guys so much!!!

(Merman stiles!  Stiles is merman royalty. Merpeople live for a long time. Derek is a wolf without a pack, because of the hale fire. He recently moved to a house along the beach. Word count 5000+)

A long time ago, a prince fell in love with a human. He begged his parents to let her live with him under the sea, but they denied his request. He learned quickly that she was pregnant, with his son.

When mieczyslaw 'stiles' Stilinski was born he was a merman like his father. He was also partially human, allowing him the ability to have legs for 24 hours at a time. He used this to visit with his mother.

Human die quickly though, much quicker than merpeople.

~~~~

Current time

Derek got changed for the day, he wore a simple pair of swim trunk and a tank top. His family fortune had bought him a gorgeous house along the beach. He started a stroll along the beach. It was early and the sun had just begun to rise.

A young pale boy squealed as he tumbled into Derek's arms. "I'm sorry" he blushed.

"It's okay, I got you" Derek offered a small smile.

"Thank you" the boy tried to stand on his own and ended up falling back into Derek's arms.

"I'm Derek" Derek introduced.

"Stiles" the boy replied.

"Do you think you can stand alone?" Derek slowly took his hands off as stiles nodded.

"Thanks" stiles face was beet red.

"Anytime" Derek felt his wolf howl.

"I was heading to the store, do you want to join?" Stiles asked.

"Sure" Derek shrugged. What harm could it do?

~~~~

"Wow, look at this" stiles smiled as he touched everything he saw.

"Look at this one" stiles held up a necklace with a triskele charm.

"Do you want it?" Derek asked.

"I have no money on me" stiles said sadly.

"Don't worry about it" Derek tied the necklace around stiles neck.

"Don't you have to pay for this?" Stiles looked at Derek in confusion. Last time he was ashore humans used currency to get goods.

Derek laughed as he pulled out his wallet and handed a few bills to the clerk.

"Have a nice day" the man told them.

"You too" Derek placed his hand on stiles back and lead them outside.

"Thank you" stiles twirled the charm.

"Your welcome."

Stiles leaned over and kissed Derek's cheek, causing them to turn pink.