Chapter 06 - Kikyo Kushida

Kikyo Kushida, you're surely an interesting person.

I peeked up to see Ayanokoji-kun's expression. However, it seemed unnecessary, as I couldn't read his face. It remained mostly expressionless, but I could detect a hint of surprise. I assume he also did not expect this development.

No one knew about this side of Kushida. She's always viewed as the Class Angel, the woman who would rescue all the boys from perpetual loneliness. But here there was a different person altogether. A cold, violent, two-faced maniac, who was spouting words of rage at every single classmate possible.

Ayanokoji-kun pushed open the door with a rather loud noise, and all the ranting on the roof stopped at once. Was it on purpose? I did not expect Ayanokoji to open the door and reveal his presence so easily. Or maybe it was accidental? The probability of it being accidental was low. I had witnessed Ayanokoji's fight with the Student Council President, and he did not seem to be the person who would lose his footing and balance easily. It led me to think he had opened the door on purpose.

"Aya - Ayanokoji-kun." The voice on the other end was no longer the voice of an angelic savior. It was that of pure hatred, revenge and vengeance. A drastic change from her usual personality, if you ask me.

"Sorry, I did not mean to be here. You forgot your mobile phone in my room, so I came to return it back to you."

Ahh. So that was it. Accidental after all. I made my way up the last flight of stairs, stopping right outside the ajar door, and turned on the voice recorder on my mobile phone.

"Did you hear?", Kushida asked, or more like, demanded.

"Would you believe me if I say I didn't?"

Kushida let out a long sigh. "Well, then I guess there is no point in hiding it." She immediately pressed Ayanokoji against the wall, and continued to stare daggers at him. She looked scary.

Her eyes were no more the eyes of the Kushida I knew. It was cold, calculating and observant, trying to predict the opponent's next move with just logic and expressions. A terrifying asset.

"If I were you, I would never tell anyone what you heard or saw today." When Ayanokoji did not respond, she continued, "Don't tell a soul about what you saw today, and don't interfere in my life. I'll let you go if you swear."

"What if I do tell the class?", Ayanokoji asked. A good question.

"Then I'll tell everyone you raped me."

"That's a false accusation, you know that right?"

"No, I don't think it is", with that, Kushida grabbed hold of Ayanokoji's hand and placed it on her left breast. The scene unfolding before my eyes was truly extraordinary. This voice record would serve me well in the future.

Ayanokoji tried to resist and take his hand off, but Kushida held it firmly in place. I'm sure he would not raise his hand on a woman. I knew he had the strength to resist, but he purposefully did not show it.

"I'll keep this uniform in my room without washing it. Your fingerprints are on my clothes. If you even think of betraying me, I'll turn you in. I'll drag you down along with me."

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka said nothing. He stood in silence, contemplating his next move. Any other person in this situation would freak out of their wits. But Ayanokoji showed no signs of being cornered. I had to applaud his headstrong and spontaneous reaction.

Kushida slowly left Ayanokoji's hand and moved back, and turned to leave. I quickly switched off my recording, pocketed my phone and quietly ran down the stairs.