Chapter 54 - Retaliation

The day of the Paper Shuffle was finally here.

If I had to be honest, my study group was in very good shape.

After I had announced in class for everyone to refer to the scanned question paper that Horikita had sent in the group, all the study groups had diligently worked out all the questions of all subjects in the paper.

I was confident in everyone's abilities this time.

"Phew! I'm kinda actually prepared for the exam this time!" Ike said loudly. "Like, I might actually get 70-ish in these papers!"

"70? That's like, way too low, man," Yamauchi scoffed. "Watch me get a 100 in all the subjects."

"Huh? You're gonna get 100, Haruki? Keep dreaming," Sudo said. "I'm real confident this time 'round. Probably 70, like Kanji said."

Chabashira-sensei walked into the classroom. All chatter subsided, and sensei surveyed the classroom silently.

As soon as the gong struck 8:45am, she distributed the question paper, with its seal still on.

The going struck 9, and everyone tore open their question papers. I tore mine open too, and I read through all the questions inside.

There were loud gasps and murmurs throughout the room, and everyone looked at me with stars in their eyes.

I smirked.

This was going to be a piece of cake.

________________________________________________________________________________

(Third Person POV)

Kakeru Ryuuen was pissed.

He was currently waiting at the school rooftop, clutching what seemed to be a piece of paper in his hands. He was waiting for someone to show up.

Soon enough, the door to the rooftop banged open with much more force than was required, and a girl with short, beige-colored hair and a livid look on her face, walked in and stood next to Ryuuen.

"Yo, Kikyo."

"Ryuuen-kun, you bastard."

Ryuuen scoffed. "Who're you calling a bastard? You need me to teach you how to talk to your superiors?"

"Shut up," Kushida growled. She was nothing like what the rest of the grade, save for a few, knew her as. The change in her demeanor was frightening.

"Kuku," Ryuuen laughed heartily. "You slam in through the door, plant yourself next to me, call me a bastard, and expect me to endure it like a fucking potato?"

"I wouldn't have called you a bastard it I didn't deem it right," Kushida said menacingly. She shoved her hands into her blazer's pocket, and she pulled out a crumpled sheet of paper.

"What the fuck is this?"

"Hmm? Is that the question paper you guys got?" Ryuuen sneered. "You literally had the answer key with you, Kikyo. Don't tell me you still managed to get your ass whooped? You're a lot dumber than they make you out to be."

"No, asshole," Kushida growled. "Read this yourself."

Ryuuen's smile faltered, and he snatched the paper out of Kushida's hand. He scanned through the question paper, and his eyes widened in surprise.

"Do you see it now?" Kushida said menacingly. "This isn't the same question paper that you provided me the answer key to. This is completely different. But it isn't even hard. A grade schooler can solve this paper."

"No way....." Ryuuen muttered. "This paper..... is Tokito's....."

"I can't hear you over your incompetence, Ryuuen," Kushida taunted. "You were supposed to submit a hard paper, whose answer key is currently in my pocket."