Chapter 17 - Deserted Island Special Test, Part 4

(This picture is so clapped lol)

"Why do you want me to come along?"

The next morning was clear, and there was a slight wind blowing through the Class D camp. Truly splendid weather.

"Because Ayanokoji-kun and I are going, and I want you to come along as well. Is that reason enough?", Horikita sassed. I'm normally a very calm person, but someone like her really does get on my nerves. She seems to be acting very cold towards me ever since I let it slip that we were there for reconnaissance at the Class B camp 2 days before. She holds me rather low compared to the rest of the girls in the world. Not like I cared.

"Tch, fine," I said, as I stretched out a bit, and stopped washing my face by the river, "I'll come along."

Saying so, I stood up and followed Ayanokoji and Horikita through the forest to the south side of the island.

Previously, about an hour back, Komiya and Kondo, 2 of the people who had been involved with Sudo's violence incident around 2 weeks back, had made an appearance at our basecamp, taunting us to come and visit their beach. Apparently, they had a message from someone named Ryuuen-san, and it was to come to the beach if we wanted to enjoy a week of luxury. It was a lowly method of invading someone's basecamp, but I don't think that really mattered. I was anyways planning to go and meet this Ryuuen-san, but they had come to invite me instead. I wasn't gonna turn down such an offer.

________________________________________________________________________________

The sight that greeted my eyes was absolutely amazing and repulsive at the same time.

Class C was enjoying their summer vacation like there was no test even going on. They had several tents, coolers with drinks and food, barbecues, and even jet skis. Portable washrooms and showers as well. They had also installed a volleyball net on the beach, and were joyously playing volleyball. They had a tarp, tents, parasols, chairs - anything and everything you would need to have a good time on the beach.

"Impossible", I heard Horikita mutter under her breath. It did seem impossible. From the rough calculations I made by looking at all their equipment, they had spent at least 200 Points just to buy all of this. Class C's strategy was both bold and stupid at the same time.

We came out of the bushes, and one of the male students noticed us. He immediately ran over to a man who was sitting down on a beach chair. I couldn't get a good look at his face, since he was facing away from us, but I inferred that he was Ryuuen, the leader of Class C. One of the other boys came up to us, looking a bit frightened.

"Ryuuen-san has requested your presence."

Hmm? This class had many well-trained dogs. I wonder if I could get one if I managed to befriend Ryuuen?

"He rules his classmates like a king. We're getting quite a grand welcome. Want to go along?", Horikita directed this question towards me and Ayanokoji.

"It's up to you, Horikita," Ayanokoji listlessly said.

I nodded along with Ayanokoji, and we made our way to the man sitting under a parasol, bare-bodied, basking in the glory of the sun and wind.

"I thought someone was sniffing around. It's you lot, uh? What business do you have with me?"

"You seem to be doing pretty well for yourself. This looks like quite the extravagant party," Horikita said.

Ryuuen laid back in his chair, and flashed his white teeth at us.

"Just as you see. We're enjoying our summer vacation."