Chapter 69 - Epilogue

Welcome to the last chapter of Another Like Me, Part I.

This was pretty much the first story I've ever written on any platform, and the overwhelming response I've received is so cool. I never thought this story would even reach 1K views when I first started, but we're currently touching 170K reads. I'm truly humbled.

Thank you to all readers, voters and commenters out there who've voiced their support for this story. I hope you continue to support me in my future endeavors.

There's no better way to end a book than to end on Chapter 69.

I won't waste anymore time.

It's finally time for the Epilogue.

_______________________________________________________________________________ 

( Third Person POV )

He walked down the corridor, ignoring the stares that he was receiving from both students and faculty.

Discolored hallways.

The place where he grew up.

The place which he might call 'home'.

Never did he hold anything against this place.

They have done unspeakable things to his body.

Modified it to suit their needs.

But never did he hold anything against this place.

To him, this was his first home.

Ever since the beginning, he remembered only these white hallways. Those needles. The same old doctors.

He slowly felt an emotion boil inside him, whenever he thought of these doctors.

Keisuke knew that this feeling was called anger.

The ones who poked him around with syringes mercilessly. Ran various tests on him. Made him run with innumerable devices attached to him, just to gauge his body functionalities.

But he was never denied anything either.

Keisuke Takeyama did not hate the White Room.

..... to tell the truth, Keisuke liked the White Room.

He had everything that one could possibly want. Delicious food. A wonderful place to live in.

A girl he could now call family.

But once Keisuke learned that there existed something known as freedom, he wanted to experience it.

Unlike several other students in the White Room, who had sacrificed their emotions in hope of achieving the pinnacle, Keisuke Takeyama did the opposite.

He held onto his emotions, and used them as his guiding light in times of need.

Sometimes, there are decisions in life which logic cannot solve.

A logical mindset may lead the world, but will always be second to someone who has both logic and emotions.

Sometimes, decisions are meant to be taken without thinking.

Sometimes, you must follow your heart, and do what you want to do.

Keisuke Takeyama wanted this feeling.

He wanted to know what it really means to live by the heart.

What it really means to take a decision without thinking about the consequences.

Decisions which might destroy your life later, but will fulfil your desires now.

There is no better time than the present, after all.

You cannot hope to secure a future when your present is in shambles.

Humans are creatures of emotion.

It is what makes us the apex species, the dominant species on Earth.

And that is what makes Keisuke Takeyama different.

The boy who chose peace over violence.

The boy who chose forgiveness over revenge.

The boy who chose emotion over logic.

The boy who knew he might not be the best product of the White Room, because of his choice.

A choice that might come to haunt him later. A choice that barred him from unlocking his maximum potential.

The boy who could not attain his maximum potential, was the same boy who was responsible for helping hundreds of other students attain their maximum potential.

The boy who could have been a legend.

The boy who had a choice. A choice where he chose the weaker one.

But the boy had no regrets.

Keisuke Takeyama had no regrets.

It is because of his indomitable will and fire, Keisuke Takeyama became a name etched into the history of the institution known as White Room.

Because he was the first product to continue to have control over his emotions.

The unpredictable.

When you make a decision by logic, you arrive at only one possible solution.

But a decision made by emotions can have an infinite number of solutions.

A boy armed with emotions, and another armed with logic.

Naturally, the boy with emotions will win.

Because if you don't have emotions, you're not human.

And if you're not human, you cannot unlock the maximum potential of a human.

The person who understands this shall stand above all his peers, because he is the one who has learned what it truly means to be human.

You don't become a Masterpiece by discarding your emotions.

You become a Masterpiece when you learn how to control them.

[ ----- ----- ----- ]

fin

[ ----- ----- ----- ]

Another Like Me - Part I (CoTE x OC)

Started - 2/11/2021
Ended - 9/06/2022
Status - Completed

To Be Continued in
Another Like Me - Part II (CoTE x OC)

________________________________________________________________________________